swarm ???????????????

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slider955i

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
a little concerned this evening , there seems to be a lot of bees just inside the entrance and about 5 or 6 hanging around the entrance , i did put another super on monday so they should have enough room, am i just being over cautious about swarming or is this a sign.
they have just sent my westie packing when he made a nuisence of himself around the hive so they may be just returning to normal

this was a 5 frame nuc end of may so only had 6/7 weeks:willy_nilly:

Sounds like a big hive with many guard bees.

This time of year they can start to get a little protective of their honey.

Ive never heard of a swarm leaving at this time of day, so you will be fine, i expect they are just hanging out, chilling, or maybe drawing out the moisture from inside. is there a nice Hum emanating from inside ?

this is what i was thinking , i get a little anxious when i do not know all the answers, will do a good thorough inspection again the weekend but i think they are ok .

might be ready for a 3rd super soon , very pleased at the moment :chillpill:

Our girls have been doing this for abut 10 days. It looks as though they're all having a ciggy! You can hear the hum from the hive at about 6 feet.....

Latest posts

Back