?? swarm under the hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenp

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Went out this evening to say hello to the bees and noticed a large number of bees gathered underneath the mesh floor to the hive.Hive supported on bricks and the pics are from the front and back of the hive,
A quick inspection would seem to showthat there as many bees in the brood box as there were yesterday on my weekly inspection.Brood has expanded well and super went on about a week ago--queen seen yesterday.
New to this bees just arrived 11th July.
Help please??:nature-smiley-013:

I had a similar problem with bees building comb under the mesh floor only way I stopped them was to remove the comb and put varroa floor in. You may want to check the hive for the queen again, she may be under the floor.

I had a similar problem as well with a new hive some years ago.The queen I always thought was taking walks out! Get emback in, make sure the queen has clipped wings , check no queen cells present and put a queen excluder on the base for a while to stop her walking out..At least with that done you know shes not in the ball underneath! Hope this helps..

Latest posts

Back