Swarm spotted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
My 8 year old has just delighted in telling me about a massive swarm he saw half an hour ago over my back yard. Hope it’s not from one of my hives,
Anyway dog is in for a decent walk whilst I try find it.

Well I never found it and disappointed it didn’t find one of my swarm traps.
I have wonders if the queen I lost whilst uniting ended up gathering her clan,,,,the United hive I made defiantly seamed to have fewer bees than I expected when I gave them a new queen A week later

" 8 year old" :: he/she may have mistaken and seen a big flock of starlings or suchlike?

" 8 year old" :: he/she may have mistaken and seen a big flock of starlings or suchlike?

No I think they were close enough that without there respective hands on exp they would have been frightened. As it was the info was delivered with the same casual manner they use to inform me that there are a couple of rats in the coal shed🙀
They now know that if it happens again they have to try follow the bees for as long as it’s safe to do so to see where they go

Well it’s only taken me a month to find it😁
Obviously not the same one and only small but the hedge seams full of bees not yet in the cluster.
Could be the queen has already moved on and these are remnants, I have no idea
I have put the cluster in a nuc and it seams to be gathering attention.
Hope there not mine😉

Attachments

• 10158CC3-D8FC-4FEC-A97D-970695F984AE.jpeg
    10158CC3-D8FC-4FEC-A97D-970695F984AE.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 38
  • 1AAEDBF9-F600-4566-8ECE-BFDF0AFD11C9.jpeg
    1AAEDBF9-F600-4566-8ECE-BFDF0AFD11C9.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
One of the frames I put in the nuc was wet, 30 min after the pic above the place was litterely swarming and a new cluster forming in the hedge. Went back at dark and collected

Latest posts

Back