Swarm saturday

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Hope the attachment is readable.
What a day !!
Oh Damn, Admin how do i attach a word doc so people can read ?

Last edited:
Reply and go to scrole down to "manage attachments" 1.91 mb is max for word doc

You can click on the paperclip "Attachments" OR copy paste the word doc OR email it to me and I wil add it for you.

Swarm Sat Take 2

Have a Read, they put on quite ashow when they want to.

You cool sod,you even had time to take a few pics for us.

Did you introduce the virgin to the hive or was she one from the airing cupboard ?

Honestly dude it was awesome, i had to get some pics, glad i had the phone with me.

No the virgin was from the cell i had left in there. the other hive had an empty QC, and i saw another emerge, it was shortly after that i turned to see all hell breaking loose.

Brilliant pictures Grizzly... busy day for you then.. :)

a real mixture of emotions.:(:):confused::toetap05::mad::D

Last edited:
Awesome stuff Grizzly, I was sweet talking our swarm control guy this afternoon trying to get in on some of that swarmy action, let alone get one to play wit... nurture and love.

As long as they aren't mine I'd love to see a swarm.

Dont worry Pete, catching your own doesnt count, it was a nice practical though.

Does anyone think the second lot of bees who settled on the metal fence were part of a mating flight ? particularly as they all flew back in again after 10 or so minutes.

Its really bugging me.

P.S - sorry Jimbo, those that hatched out have been used, the rest werent. I will take a pic of the first virgin who hatched and was introduced to her own hive a week ago, assuming she has been accepted.

I think you must have hybids. They crossed with flying ants :)
or after the first swarm the others thought they were missing something
:party:

Airing Cupboard take 2

Jim
could not see the virgin queen when i opened up that hive, i had marked her so should have noticed, i gave them a frame of e/u/s brood, will see what happens this week.

Airing Cupboard Saga continues, as you can see from the pics, a hive i split last week has continued to make QC, so took them all out, and have done my usual, these are considerably larger than my last lot.

Grizzly if you listen very carefully you can hear those jars singing "Apidia,Apidia" ;)

should do really, need to get it prepared with drawn comb, ive only got one tho.

I may be after one of those queen cells,I have an Apidia that has a queen cell thats 2 days late in hatching.

Latest posts

Back