swarm lures

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebhoy

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to the forum and have enjoyed reading through the posts over the past week.

I have noticed that members sell bees, hives etc through the forum and wondered what the procedure was.

I import and sell honey bee swarm lures and would like to know whether I am able to place a post promoting these - having found the forum very interesting I don't want to breach any rules and end up banned.

I look forward to your replies.

thebhoy

Hi Bhoy,
The members always have the last say because it is their forum,so I will leave it up to them.

Tell us more about your lures..

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to the forum and have enjoyed reading through the posts over the past week.

I have noticed that members sell bees, hives etc through the forum and wondered what the procedure was.

The forum is quite liberal, so provided you follow the "play nice" rule you are free to post commercial links / plugs.

I import and sell honey bee swarm lures and would like to know whether I am able to place a post promoting these - having found the forum very interesting I don't want to breach any rules and end up banned.

I look forward to your replies.

thebhoy

Go for it! Of course, your customers are also free to post their honest assessments of your wares provided they play nice too. Just like a real community :cheers2:

Hi Bhoy,

Tell us more about your lures..

or better still, why not get some feed-back from a test pannel of forum members who can try one of your lures (for free) to see how good they are:cheers2:

Thing is though (as I am sure you are aware!) you have missed the main swarm period for 2009!

Swarm lures for sale

Very many thanks for the replies - they are much appreciated and very helpful, I will possibly make a specific post to advertise them and make a fixed donation to the forum for each / any sale to forum members or through the forum. (just mention the forum in any email etc)

I have included copies of the instruction /info sheets to this post which should answer many of the questions members may have, I also understand that feedback can be bad as well as good as is the case with any product and is not a personal attack. (shouldn't have any worries with this as I have many happy customers)

The prices for these lures are....

Single lure - including UK shipping - is £4.75 (25p will go to forum)
Twin pack - including UK shipping - is £6.75 (35p will go to forum)

Happy to take cheques, postal orders and paypal - whichever is easiest for you and goods shipped when received.

Thebhoy

swarm%20lure
[/URL][/IMG]
swarm%20lure
[/URL][/IMG]

or better still, why not get some feed-back from a test pannel of forum members who can try one of your lures (for free) to see how good they are:cheers2:

Thing is though (as I am sure you are aware!) you have missed the main swarm period for 2009!

Hi,

I am happy to forward six lures for trial by forum members - on one condition - each recipient donates a minimum of 25p to the forum fund:) - I will cover postage cost.

Yes, I am aware the main swarm season is on the wane, but as many beeks will also know, we have a seen an increase in late swarms - especially in the south - over the last few years (global warming or forced evolution within the man managed colony?):confused:

Very best,

thebhoy

That's very generous of you thebhoy - you have a private message :)

Looking at the datasheet you posted, they look like the swarm lures that Thornes sell (at $6.46 per pair [1]). Is there any difference?

[1] Of course, with your 'built-in' forum contribution it makes the prices equivalent.

Thanks for the reply GTB,

I will go to my PM next.

The Thornes price is £5.62 + 84 vat + £1.60 postage which = £8.06 per pack of two.
My price is £6.75 per pack of two including shipping which is a saving of £1.31against Thornes price.

Shipping is usually done the day after payment is received and is with my customers the next day - normally.

I also sell these on Ebay and members are more than welcome to check my feedback etc - Google - Jarnn Fishing and then go to the ebay shop.

Best wishes,

Thebhoy

Latest posts

Back