Swarm in a nuc box.....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnyl

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hello all, a quick bit of re-assurance please. I've just been to collect a swarm 10 mins from where I live. On a branch about 10 feet up. Pruned the branches and gently shook them in and popped the lid on. Fanning at the entrance and going in. Looked a prime swarm and still a lot of bees flying so left the box there. Returning in an hour to pick them up. No frames in the box but I have them ready and a hive vacant. Should I place the nuc on the hive stand? Should I then open the box and place some frames in tonight or leave them till morning or should I simply tip them into the full hive with frames upon my return? much appreciated as ever.

Just dump them in the hive - if it's dark when you get home, do it in the morning.
I'm leaving now JBM so itll be light enough to tip them in. Was thinking the nuc might be better as it has the excluder dial but I'll do as you suggest with some brood comb I have spare and fill the box with foundation. Thanks for getting back to me. Cheers

Latest posts

Back