Swarm feeding

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floss

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Following on from my swarmed bees successfully retrieved last Friday and placed in new hive with new foundation I am anxious to feed them as I have been advised (although i have seen them taking in pollen) and was anticipating the arrival of a feeder via the post a day or 2 later to find out that the "company" have not sent it yet!

I am anxious that these bees may starve while we wait for acts to be got together. Am I being over anxious about this and will they be alright for 2-3 days or should I improvise/ try and "borrow" one?

Many thanks in anticipation!

Following on from my swarmed bees successfully retrieved last Friday and placed in new hive with new foundation I am anxious to feed them as I have been advised (although i have seen them taking in pollen) and was anticipating the arrival of a feeder via the post a day or 2 later to find out that the "company" have not sent it yet!

I am anxious that these bees may starve while we wait for acts to be got together. Am I being over anxious about this and will they be alright for 2-3 days or should I improvise/ try and "borrow" one?

Many thanks in anticipation!

S'easy - find a suitable container to hold your 1:1 syrup - such as a large, empty margarine tub or something similar - fill 3/4 with syrup and fill the container with pieces of very clean/new sponge so that the bees don't drown.

That'll last until your feeder arrives.

Latest posts

Back