Swarm during balcony kiss!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daj198

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
We were watching the wedding earlier (in HD! :hurray:) when my Dad pointed out that the bees were swarming! They collected under the springs of the trampoline, just opposite the hive (very thankful it was low down). Popped them into a spare brood box and :willy_nilly: I now have two colonies!

I should have spotted the queen cells but honestly, I wasn't looking for any because with so much space and only 5 1/2 frames of brood, I thought it was very unlikely. That'll teach me...

If you look on the bright side, that's only going to happen every thirty years!

And perhaps you could put "By Appointment" on your labels?

Mine swarmed the day before! they must have known what was on telly the next day and got out quick!:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Yes they have a habit of surprising us.

I think the best beekeepers are the ones that never cease to be surprised always something new to learn.

Checked on them today.... 3 1/2 frames drawn out. Lots of nectar... no brood or eggs visible. Is this normal? I wonder whether I didn't get the queen...

I suspect she wont be far behind they will be feeding her up. You never mentioned but have you seen pollen going into the hive this will be a good indication all is well.

Yes, pollen is coming in (forgot to mention that). Good :) I'll check back in a couple of days...

Latest posts

Back