Sussex Uni Beekeeping Report

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting thanks :)

Don't read too much into the fact that it appears to show AMM demonstrating hygenic behaviour. They chose AMM as the subject of their tests simply because they wanted a bee of known bloodline. If they had used a hybrid it would have added a layer of complexity to the study that choosing a "plain vanilla" bee avoided. It does not mean AMM shows more or less hygenic behaviour than any other variety. It is the only one they are working with.

Source: Talk by Norman Carrick to DARG late 2009.

and if all you've got is a hammer, you see loads of nails (says he cryptically, knowing Ratnieks bee in the bonnet about hygienic behaviour.........)

Indeed that would be so.

However it is interesting to me to know just how hygienic AMM can be as having read Tabers Super Bees and heard him speak, far lower figures can and do appear in Italian lines. sorry I am wrong it is not mentioned in the book so from memory it must have been articles in BKQ.

PH

Last edited:
Nice post Poly Hive can not help thinking perhaps thats the future I hope the funding keeps up

I see one of their students is Heather Moore.

I reckon she must have had an unfair advantage on the application form.

Latest posts

Back