suspect super frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wondervet

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Amazing transformation in a week. Put on a super today. Must have missed a box when sorting out in autumn as I have one super half full of capped honey (which tastes OK) and uncapped syrup -which is a bit bubbly fermented.

Q is what best to do with this?. Don't want to waste the drawn comb. Don't want to put it on hive. Don't want to let them rob it out.

Soak the sugar frames in warm water, spin the honey off if on separate frames.

i would just spin off the syrup/unripe honey and throw away , then if they have no capped honey use them as comb, then any with capped honey having done that wash out the extractor, uncap the capped honey cells and extract and use it as honey or feed back

Last edited:
wondervet

ditto MuswellM ....... but if you've only got one hive is it really worth getting hold of an extractor?

I'd cut the comb out of all the frames and bin it then soak the wood overnight in weak washing soda solution. Clean all the wax off, rinse well and put new foundation in.

S'ok got an extractor. The one hive situation is the sad aftermath of 2012 and hopefully to be rectified!

Back