Supermarket-Nav

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris B

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
I've spent 2 frustrating hours today pushing a trolley round Morrisons, trying to find all those things on the list without knowing where any of them are or even whether they actually have it. No good asking the shelf stackers - they have no idea about stuff they don't buy themselves.

Can somebody please invent the Trolley-Nav. I'll just type in my shopping list and John Cleese can take me round and keep me calm.

Can somebody please invent the Trolley-Nav.

I have one...it's called the missus.

Tescos in PhuKet have just such an isle nav. system, and you scan everything into your basket to give a running total, and you get a price comparisonon goods within the store on the scanner, and when paid for, by card inserted into the scanner, you leave your goods in a bay and it is delivered to your door within the hour, or at your conveinience.
I sometimes think it's the UK that is in the third world!

This was in 2002 !

Hey hoser, left at the beef burgers. John Cleese indeed!

I get my missus to write the list in order of appearance in the shop, of course they balls things up every so often when they move stuff about but then I just say ohh they didnt have any lol

I think they should have a one way system in place with over taking lanes, as sooo many house wives just go all over the place.....I 'll just hide for cover now :D

I think they should have a one way system in place with over taking lanes, as sooo many house wives just go all over the place.....I 'll just hide for cover now :D

:iagree:

In Sainsburys on Saturday and people were just walking about aimlessly.

That's what I think whenever I'm asked to go to the supermerket!!

Ian

and on the main drag along the islands mainstreet strand is an eatery called

Phuk seafood !!!!:ack2:

:hurray:place was full of our tutonic friends... did not see the implications!!!:hurray:

There is an app for the iPhone called 'Tesco Finder' apparently based on some software developed for the people who pack the Internet shopping orders.

You enter your local store then search for what you want and it tells you exactly where it is.

If you search for 'Liquid Glucose' in the Lee Mill store you get.....

' aisle 22 on the left side counting 7 units along then the 8th shelf up from the floor'

It's quite useful for the odd elusive item the only problem is that once you are inside the store you loose all phone signal so it's pretty much useless!

Speaking as an example of a housewife who wanders aimlessly round supermarkets (hmmm!) - I hate Morrisons - their layout has no logic and their assistants know nothing. :willy_nilly:

Sainsburys assistants know exactly where things are (most of the time). But they have so many online orders to fill - the trolleys for the virtual shoppers often outnumber the real customers and fill up the aisles :(

Its a well known shop ploy not to have the shop well laid out, it means that shoppers will wander aimlessly about searching for the item they really need but passing stuff they dont need in the hopes that they will buy that as well. Products that are put at eye level are the ones they want you to buy because most people dont really look for the bargains (my hubby is a prime example, he wants to get in and out like the SAS), I love online shopping but it doesnt seem worth it with just the 2 of us now and part of my working day can mean going to the supermarket with students. Why oh why did I choose this job? !!

Speaking as an example of a housewife who wanders aimlessly round supermarkets (hmmm!) - I hate Morrisons - their layout has no logic and their assistants know nothing. :willy_nilly:

Speaking as a long term partner who quite enjoys the supermarket shop - Amen to that- won't go in the place.

I get given a list and it will have an item on there and when I eventually find it, there are 100 different variations/flavours/weights etc etc. When I get this situation, I put in 'substitute' goods. i.e. the list will say "Coffee" (no type, make etc), so I get "Pork Sausages".

I also do the same if I cannot find the listed items.

I get yelled at a lot, but I get a lot more of the sort of things I like :p

Sounds like a good plan/ploy to me PP. I suppose that it also minimises the number of times that you are asked to go on your ownio.

I get given a list and it will have an item on there and when I eventually find it, there are 100 different variations/flavours/weights etc etc. When I get this situation, I put in 'substitute' goods. i.e. the list will say "Coffee" (no type, make etc), so I get "Pork Sausages".

I also do the same if I cannot find the listed items.

I get yelled at a lot, but I get a lot more of the sort of things I like :p

Well deserved by the sound of it
;)

Latest posts

Back