Super Warming Cabinet

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its the loveliest thing I have seen for a long time
Sigh
One thing though
You need more sink space
I would put another really long deep sink next to the one you already have and like Philip says....a beer fridge

I think that one might have skimmed the hair line ... you've done a great job of your warming room .,. makes my old fridge look really sad. One day ... on my wish list.
LOL. Lean development is in my blood it seems!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Two things you appear to be missing though... comfortable chair and a beer fridge !
A maybe a TV on the wall so I can watch the ashes while I extract? ;)

I think its the loveliest thing I have seen for a long time

Sigh

One thing though

You need more sink space

I would put another really long deep sink next to the one you already have and like Philip says....a beer fridge
Oooh that's interesting. I was thinking 1 deep sink would be enough? I've bought a stainless steel table to go in that gap to house my scales.

There is a big double sink available at the moment.

what's the reason for 2 big sinks as opposed to one if you dont mind me asking?

When I process my hobby keepers worth of honey in the kitchen I’m always moaning about the lack of sink space. Just a personal thing. A deep sink means you don’t splash water all over the place and an extra sink means you have a separate one for hands and wiping cloths and one for all the other stuff you throw in.

When I process my hobby keepers worth of honey in the kitchen I’m always moaning about the lack of sink space. Just a personal thing. A deep sink means you don’t splash water all over the place and an extra sink means you have a separate one for hands and wiping cloths and one for all the other stuff you throw in.
Hmm. You are right. I should have gone for the double sink! ah...

I'll see if I can get a Belfast sink to maybe sit on top of the other table!

Have you figured out how to clean the floor of your honey warming cabinet as you will get lots of honey dripping from your supers.

One of those small sinks would ample for hand washing. Only concern is that an electrical socket right beside the sink, difficult to make out?

Have you figured out how to clean the floor of your honey warming cabinet as you will get lots of honey dripping from your supers.
I've got 600mm x 600mm gravel trays that the supers sit on so no spillage at all

One of those small sinks would ample for hand washing. Only concern is that an electrical socket right beside the sink, difficult to make out?
Fully qualified electrician (brother in law) completed the works and has issued a certificate so I'm (relatively) confident its above board.

But you're right. It rules out a sink over that side as that's where the incoming feed is, so a sink above would be a no no

I've got 600mm x 600mm gravel trays that the supers sit on so no spillage at all

Yes .. that's what I use .. has saved a lot of domestic grief and cheap as chips. You can also use one underneath the uncapping tray as it catches any stray bits of wax and stuff. Not sure they are food safe so I line it with some aluminiunm foil... the rolls of foil you get for the turkey at christmas always has some left on the roll and is a perfect fit.

Yes .. that's what I use .. has saved a lot of domestic grief and cheap as chips. You can also use one underneath the uncapping tray as it catches any stray bits of wax and stuff. Not sure they are food safe so I line it with some aluminiunm foil... the rolls of foil you get for the turkey at christmas always has some left on the roll and is a perfect fit.
Cant remember who it was but someone on here recommended them to me.

I'm also going to use them to stack supers, that dont need heating, prior to extraction - to keep them off the floor.

Latest posts

Back