Super under or nadiring

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breezybee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just placed a super three quarters full of uncapped honey beneath the broodbox of a colony who have not laid down any stores in their broodbox. I would like to give them some thymolated syrup as well but am worried that it might contaminate the super frames. If I wait until they move the honey up will it be too late for them to concentrate the syrup? I suppose if the syrup has thymol in it it should not go mouldy but there would be a question mark over available space.

Just placed a super three quarters full of uncapped honey beneath the broodbox of a colony who have not laid down any stores in their broodbox. I would like to give them some thymolated syrup as well but am worried that it might contaminate the super frames. If I wait until they move the honey up will it be too late for them to concentrate the syrup? I suppose if the syrup has thymol in it it should not go mouldy but there would be a question mark over available space.

Lets hope this does not encourage robbing. I put a super of capped syrup under the bb in October

I have reduced the entrance and the colony is the only one on the site. Wasps also not a problem at the moment. One hornet only seen so far.

Great. Thats what I was hoping. The rate they are working at the moment should mean the stores will be OK but it gives me peace of mind re nosema if they have at least a gallon of thymolated syrup.

Latest posts

Back