Super frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hivetool2021

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all

I'm after some guidance I'm currently extracting my spring crop , and this year I'm surrounded by osr. I have put the extracted supers back on for the bees to clean, but concerned if I use these supers for summer honey it will be contaminated with osr , just curious to find out what other beeks do in this situation, many thanks
.HT

Hi all

I'm after some guidance I'm currently extracting my spring crop , and this year I'm surrounded by osr. I have put the extracted supers back on for the bees to clean, but concerned if I use these supers for summer honey it will be contaminated with osr , just curious to find out what other beeks do in this situation, many thanks
.HT

It's a few dregs of OSR ... not poison ...

Haven’t extracted osr yet I will be waiting for petal fall first ,nothing to worry about by putting the supers back on with the remaining osr honey they will consume it when they clean the frames up.
I’m banking supers as above.
Hope everyone is well I’ve been really busy .

Haven’t extracted osr yet I will be waiting for petal fall first ,nothing to worry about by putting the supers back on with the remaining osr honey they will consume it when they clean the frames up.
I’m keeping an eye on the banked supers for crystallised honey ;)

Welcome back! Was getting worried.

I wouldn't wait, extracted another super of OSR this evening, some already setting in the frames.

Welcome back! Was getting worried.

I wouldn't wait, extracted another super of OSR this evening, some already setting in the frames.
I’m good but not posting much hope your well mate

For some reason when the bees have digested the osr for the second time it never IMHO seems to set as hard!

Extracted OSR honey at the weekend. Some frames were beginning to crystallise.

I too extracted my OSR yesterday and Saturday; it was viscous but still flowing and was only 14 and 15% water when measured.:oops: I reckon I was just in time.

Latest posts

Back