Super and QX problem

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hivetool2021

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all
Ease xan you share you advice and experience, I was doing a visual check today and noticed a mistake on my behalf. I under supered a hive in readiness for winter and then the bees went crazy in the ivy so I put a QX on super onbtop on the thought of taking the ivy honey, but then once the flow stopped to leave it for the bees as the hive when hefted weighed a ton . The problem I have is the super on top has a QX under , so current con fig super,qx brood bix, super floor, would you recommend I quickly remove the qx so the bees can work their way up or leave it in place not due what to do

Any advice would be welcome

Thank you

HT

Hi all
Ease xan you share you advice and experience, I was doing a visual check today and noticed a mistake on my behalf. I under supered a hive in readiness for winter and then the bees went crazy in the ivy so I put a QX on super onbtop on the thought of taking the ivy honey, but then once the flow stopped to leave it for the bees as the hive when hefted weighed a ton . The problem I have is the super on top has a QX under , so current con fig super,qx brood bix, super floor, would you recommend I quickly remove the qx so the bees can work their way up or leave it in place not due what to do

Any advice would be welcome

Thank you

HT
Methinks you’ll need to be well protected when you do it....

If there are lots of bees clinging on to it just quickly put it on top of the super instead of trying to shake the bees off it. There may not be any bees up there
I have supers on top of both my over wintering nucs and there aren’t any bees there.

Oxalic at the same time? They will probably not like it either way, so just as good

Back