Sugar prices

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhill20

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
44ish
Hi, Just returned from Farmfoods sugar on sale there at 2kg for £1 is this cheap !!! Its coming up to jam making time and a veiw to feeding later.
Mick

Hi, Just returned from Farmfoods sugar on sale there at 2kg for £1 is this cheap !!! Its coming up to jam making time and a veiw to feeding later.
Mick

Yup, that's cheap alright.....

ya i got a few bags myself i get it for 59p a bag so save 18p on this. but most people cant get it for less than 70p

If it's Whitworths, it's beet sugar..

is beet sugar bad?

All recommendations I have seen suggest the insecticides used in sugar beet production = bad for bees.

Sugar cane only. (Tate and Lyall)

Just as much insecticide used on sugar cane......it makes no difference which you use these days....the refining process removes any problems.

Sugar Prices

Morrisons were doing 2kg for £1.20 last week - not sure if offer still on but worth checking if it saves driving somewhere further to get cheaper.

is beet sugar bad?
A band wagon jumped upon frequently. In a word, NO.

As much danger from the background radiation we all live with. The cane v beet discussion is pretty much mute. :)

Price rules.

Oh, and I think that you will find that OSR probably comes with a seed treatment built in - go figure where the greater risk might be.

Oh, and I think that you will find that OSR probably comes with a seed treatment built in - go figure where the greater risk might be.

Correct, alot of OSR this year will be 'Cruiser' dressed, a dressing that was originally designed for beet.

Latest posts

Back