Sugar prices

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Repwoc

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
>6
Can't believe I'm posting this in mid May, but I'm feeding a few colonies that have zero stores and wondered if anyone has spotted any good sugar deals?

FarmFoods: sign up for a voucher £2 off £25 spend
Sugar 2kg for £1.10
so 46kg =£25.30
less £2 voucher £23.30
50.6p per Kg

Can't believe I'm posting this in mid May, but I'm feeding a few colonies that have zero stores and wondered if anyone has spotted any good sugar deals?
Mine all still have stores but even down here on the Costa del Fareham they are busy eating through the stores they have already accumulated - I had supers that were half full two weeks ago that are now looking like they have been robbed out ... there's a week of wet weather ahead and so much blossom out that they should be filling supers like wildfire and all I'm seeing in the weather windows when they can fly is a constant stream at the pond collecting water .... and I know why ! No spring crop this year I fear.

62p/kg at Tesco, delivered to my door. Not always worth driving somewhere…

Yes it's a pretty dire situation at the minute. 25 kg of fondant and 20 litres of sugar syrup fed this week. I bought mine in Asda 2kg for £1.25. Went to Bookers first and it was over £12 for 12 kgs and 25 kg bag was £25, thought Cash & Carry was supposed to be cheaper!!

Went to Bookers first and it was over £12 for 12 kgs and 25 kg bag was £25, thought Cash & Carry was supposed to be cheaper!!
Must have been looking at the wrong thing, or your store is being silly.

In Booker, 25Kg is £16.50 of Tate and Lyle Granulated Cane Sugar.
The same in 1kg bags, case of 15 is £8.99

Same on their website.

In Booker, 25Kg is £16.50
66p / Kg.

It's cheaper in Tesco though - 5 Kg / £3.15 (63p / Kg). And Farm Foods 55p / Kg.

I've given up even looking at Bookers website because they were always more expensive (for sugar) than the major supermarkets.

Same on their website.

Attachments

• IMG_20210517_132556.jpg
    IMG_20210517_132556.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
66p / Kg.

It's cheaper in Tesco though - 5 Kg / £3.15 (63p / Kg). And Farm Foods 55p / Kg.

I've given up even looking at Bookers website because they were always more expensive (for sugar) than the major supermarkets.

Same on their website.
I had to go back and ensure I wasn't going senile.

Attachments

• IMG_20210517_132556.jpg
    IMG_20210517_132556.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
£1 per 2kg at my local pound store and they look at me funny when I get 30 bags 😂

Last edited:
£1 per 2kg at my local pound store and they look at me funny when I get 30 bags 😂
That's interesting. My pound store is £1 for 1.65kg. They have that size bag made for them to fit their pricing I understand.

Last edited:
That's interesting. My pound store is £1 for 1.65kg. They have that size bag made for the I understand.
You could be right about that I stand corrected, I did pick up some 2"kg bags morrissons yesterday £1.25 a bag. I was getting them last year at the pound shop so could be 1.65kg

Last edited:
Yes it's a pretty dire situation at the minute. 25 kg of fondant and 20 litres of sugar syrup fed this week. I bought mine in Asda 2kg for £1.25. Went to Bookers first and it was over £12 for 12 kgs and 25 kg bag was £25, thought Cash & Carry was supposed to be cheaper!!
Not just cash and carries - Asda do a 5kg bag of granulated sugar and its invariably more expensive per kilo than 1 or 2kg bags

Back