Sugar prices

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No point in booking a holiday to look at the Aurora Borealis then.

Beyond my pay grade but I recall reading somewhere that solar minimums result in lower higher atmospheric temperatures which causes a contraction of the atmosphere resulting in more aurora. Don't quote me on it but if you are genuinely looking to book might be worth googling.

Anyways, if the grand solar minimum does come to fruition per some of the predictions out there, it'll likely mean lower yields of sugar beet in the UK and longer winters. Not looking to be a doom monger but may be worth local associations looking at collective purchases of bulk sugar stocks.

While perusing the pretty graphs and charts I noticed a banner ad informing me that I had 'an unread message from my guardian angel' :rofl: Difficult to take seriously after that.
What? you mean you did take it seriously for a while?

While perusing the pretty graphs and charts I noticed a banner ad informing me that I had 'an unread message from my guardian angel' :rofl: Difficult to take seriously after that.

NASA and NOAA are pretty dry sites so thought people might appreciate the data presented in pretty pictures. The data is still all from NASA and NOAA. :)

Sugar prices are likely to still climb further especially in the new year. :(

Been talking to some companies about ordering a few tons but unless you order 20 ton it's pointless.

Cheapest I've found is 43p per kg.

If we leave the EU with no deal the WTO tariff on sugar is £350 per ton.

Doesn't really fit with the recent narrative on global warming but Norway has just suffered coldest July for some 60 years. (You'll have to google as tried attaching URL but not allowed by site - GDPR restriction?)

Have an eye on sugar especially because if we don't get an FTA by the end of the year a lot more people will be looking to conserve fruit.

Last edited:
I notice the Bookers 2 x 25kg for £26 deal has been extended to 1/9/20

July was not too warm here either. This is part of a summary from a local weather station.
July 2020: It was the coolest July since 2015 when the average temperature was 17.3°C. With an average temperature of 17.5°C in 2020 it was -1.2°C below the 30 year average (1981-2010 ).

Why can't honeybees go lithium ion? All that sugar being converted to carbon dioxide? What would Greta say?

Booker's still 2*25kg for £26 til 2nd Nov.

Beat the tariffs, sun spots, and Greta while you can

For sugar I use Sainbury's works out 59.5p/kg using someone's 15% discount.
Still cheaper then me driving somewhere else to buy it.

Back