Sugar Prices

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they're still shifting sugar by the lorry load from my local sugar factory

was it any cheaper?

Would of been a bit if they had any,but only if buying by the ton...several tons.

They sent me a list of wholsalers to try.....price ranged from £830 to £890 per ton from them,and some had no sugar at the moment,but the new sugar comes in apparently at the end of september,early oct,and according to them prices should ease a bit then,but up until then sugar could become more scarce in large quantitys.

The list...........Please see below for a list of resellers of British Sugar Produce:

Shepcote Distributors 01377 252537

British Fermentation Products 01732 228300

Kent Foods Ltd 0141 882 9999

Thorntons Sugars 01284 733900

Ragus Sugars 01753 575 353

Renshaw Napier 0151 706 8200

PS Bako also sell invert sugar syrup for bee feeding....from Ragus.

Last edited:
Received my sugar this morning from Ocado, very pleased with the service.

In the end 1 of the 2kg had a small puncture in it and the driver immediately offered the options of returning it for a full refund or keeping it with a 50p discount. As very little sugar had leaked out I chose the discount.

I was going to post the new voucher code for £15 off the 1st delivery however I checked the price and they have also raised it to £1.59 per 2kg bag to match Tesco so I got mine just in time!

Russell
i will try following your post no.38 but don't know how to 'clear cookies' as you advise.
mark

There is a website at http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner which has a free "crap cleaner" which I have used for some years. They tell you when there is a newer update whenever they publish one and I save them into "My Documents" in a file named "Downloads/ Crap Cleaner". There is an "Options" tab where you can select which cookies you want to keep, the rest of them will be deleted if you set it up that way. The "Paintbrush" tab is the one that does the cleaning but you have to be very selective from the menu - otherwise things go that you might want to keep. Need to be a bit careful with it. I may be teaching you to suck eggs - if so my apologies.

Further to my previous post regarding sugar. I emailed my local Booker cash and carry and asked if I could have a trade card as I kept bees and would require sugar for winter feeding. I have just received a nice reply stating that if I took my beekeepers association membership card (which I don't have atm) along to the store I could sign up for a trade card. I class that as a result and will bee doing this when I join up to a beek association. Maybee worth trying Makro as well.

Just got a 'spend 40 quid get 20 quid off' voucher from Bookers - shame about the 80kg in the garage from Tesco!

R2

There is a website at http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner which has a free "crap cleaner" which I have used for some years. They tell you when there is a newer update whenever they publish one and I save them into "My Documents" in a file named "Downloads/ Crap Cleaner". There is an "Options" tab where you can select which cookies you want to keep, the rest of them will be deleted if you set it up that way. The "Paintbrush" tab is the one that does the cleaning but you have to be very selective from the menu - otherwise things go that you might want to keep. Need to be a bit careful with it. I may be teaching you to suck eggs - if so my apologies.

Do you think this would work on the "What's this brown stuff" thread?:) I know coat etc.

Further to my previous post regarding sugar. I emailed my local Booker cash and carry and asked if I could have a trade card as I kept bees and would require sugar for winter feeding. I have just received a nice reply stating that if I took my beekeepers association membership card (which I don't have atm) along to the store I could sign up for a trade card. I class that as a result and will bee doing this when I join up to a beek association. Maybee worth trying Makro as well.

You can form a company at, for instance, www.theformationscompany.com for five quid. I just searched google for "247 company formation" and a bunch of them pop up.

You're required to fill in some stuff, including assigning some share capital to your company (for instance 1 share at £1), choose a director (you), publish your name publicly at Companies House, and you have some legal obligations (largely which can be reduced to a two minute online form if you declare your company dormant).

Then you can take your certificate of incorporation along to Makro, Costco, Booker, etc etc and join them all. You will probably save the fiver on your first trip (particularly if you go to Costco!).

NOTE YOU DO HAVE LEGAL OBLIGATIONS IF YOU FORM A COMPANY, but these are pretty easy to fulfil.

Note that when you form your company you will get a bunch of spam paper mail to your house but that's part of the fun.

Form a company to buy sugar... what happened to KISS?

As for Makro they may have the odd offer but they do tend to be pricey.

Aldi and Bookers are the ones to watch really. For fondant Bako are well worth asking a quote from.

Thinking aloud as it were would it be possible to use the puter to make up an association membership card? If you are not an association member then why not create one....lol pack of business cards are a couple of quid, or even cheaper are the machines at service stations... Bookers here you are...

PH

You can form a company at, for instance, www.theformationscompany.com for five quid. I just searched google for "247 company formation" and a bunch of them pop up.

You're required to fill in some stuff, including assigning some share capital to your company (for instance 1 share at £1), choose a director (you), publish your name publicly at Companies House, and you have some legal obligations (largely which can be reduced to a two minute online form if you declare your company dormant).

Then you can take your certificate of incorporation along to Makro, Costco, Booker, etc etc and join them all. You will probably save the fiver on your first trip (particularly if you go to Costco!).

NOTE YOU DO HAVE LEGAL OBLIGATIONS IF YOU FORM A COMPANY, but these are pretty easy to fulfil.

Note that when you form your company you will get a bunch of spam paper mail to your house but that's part of the fun.

I have seen some stupid comments on this forum.... must admit this one takes first prize!

DO NOT FORM A LIMITED COMPANY WITHOUT FIRST GETTING ADVICE FROM A SOLICITOR AND A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT.​

The fines for not fileing returns are horrendous and accountancy fees exhorbitant ..... you can not become a "Dormant Company" and continue to trade... then the Inland revenue and the VAT man, now joined at the chilling spine will want to see the ins and outs.... to save 25p on a bag of sugar, this would be the worse £1 you ever spent!!!

In my opinion of course!!!

Last edited:
I have seen some stupid comments on this forum.... must admit this one takes first prize!

DO NOT FORM A LIMITED COMPANY WITHOUT FIRST GETTING ADVICE FROM A SOLICITOR AND A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT.​

The fines for not fileing returns are horrendous and accountancy fees exhorbitant ..... you can not become a "Dormant Company" and continue to trade... then the Inland revenue and the VAT man, now joined at the chilling spine will want to see the ins and outs.... to save 25p on a bag of sugar, this would be the worse £1 you ever spent!!!

In my opinion of course!!!
:iagree: Too much hassle

Form a company to buy sugar... what happened to KISS?

As for Makro they may have the odd offer but they do tend to be pricey.

Aldi and Bookers are the ones to watch really. For fondant Bako are well worth asking a quote from.

Thinking aloud as it were would it be possible to use the puter to make up an association membership card? If you are not an association member then why not create one....lol pack of business cards are a couple of quid, or even cheaper are the machines at service stations... Bookers here you are...

PH

More good advice from the canny Scott ! I like the lack of fuss, side door approach !

I took my BBKA membership card to Booker and opened an account to shop that day. Simple and not for just sugar (but can run away with you buying loads of bargains you never knew you NEEDED!!).........

Latest posts

Back