Suffolk UK resident looking for help on US Forum

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Peter,

I may be able to help or point in the right direction....

my account on the beesource forum is currently being activated, so can you pass on thr fact that i will be in touch with our friend in Sudbury as soon as i'm able.

cheers,

Win

This is what he said over here from location Sudbury Suffok, UK

Hi knowledgeable people of the beekeeping world, I need some help and information regarding some unwanted visitors of your hobby/career.

Last year a ton (and i mean a ton) of honey bees took up residence in the fascia of our house. We were told by our local authorities that they wouldn't touch them because they are honey bees and are protected. They put us in touch with two beekeepers, one of which was retired and wasn't interested and the which just wasn't interested. However, they both said that during the winter they'd probably either move on or die off. This spring/summer, however, they are still here. This brings some concerns to me and my wife. Number 1, my sons bedroom window is right underneath where the bees are accessing the fascia and he can't have his bedroom window open in the summer heat because, naturally, the bees tend to come into the house (he's woken up several times with a bee on his bed somewhere and his girlfriend has been stung a couple of times). Our other concern is that the bees are producing honey in our fascia, which has now been building up over two years and we're worried that the weight of it is going to damage our house. Also, if we decide to move on nobody in their right mind is going to buy a house with a thriving bee population.

So can anybody please please please please tell me how to get rid of them?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back