sublimox varroa oxalic acid vaporiser

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith pierce

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I am to buy a sublimox varroa oxalic acid vaporiser. The best price i can find is from £349. Is this around the right price or can they be got cheaper... Thanks

I am to buy a sublimox varroa oxalic acid vaporiser. The best price i can find is from £349. Is this around the right price or can they be got cheaper... Thanks

Possibly not much cheaper... but if you shop around you may be able to get a 12V DC to 240 V AC transformer thrown in ... plus free postage or even a free packet of ApiPoxall???

Thrones were doing that.. which is unusual as they do not often give much away!!! ( Not the ApoPoxall!)

Chons da

Thanks all.
Any preference or significance difference between the ProVap220 Sublimator and the Sublimox Vaporiser.

Last edited:
Thanks all.
Any preference or significance difference between the ProVap220 Sublimator and the Sublimox Vaporiser.

ProVap has a digital readout of temperature whereas the Sublimox has some cryptic LEDs (which are largely indistinguishable to the colourblind!).

snl, the manufacturer (?) of the ProVap is active on BeeSource and the machine appears to be well received by users.

You may like to look at the portable gas vaporiser thread before spending out!:)

They were too expensive when they were £70 from Thrones (when I made mine).

Any suggested improvement for the occasional user is, IMO, marginal. A pan, and diesel engine glow plugs, still works perfectly adequately.

12V DC to 230V AC inverters have become commonplace, to be able to use a vehicle battery in the field for ‘mains equivalent’ power. Mine is still 12 volts - much safer for most users.

For what it is, I feel they are as usual way over priced. If the want to sell more units, then lower the price as I’m pretty certain the profit margin on these is crazy.

They were too expensive when they were £70 from Thrones (when I made mine).

Any suggested improvement for the occasional user is, IMO, marginal. A pan, and diesel engine glow plugs, still works perfectly adequately.

12V DC to 230V AC inverters have become commonplace, to be able to use a vehicle battery in the field for ‘mains equivalent’ power. Mine is still 12 volts - much safer for most users.

For what it is, I feel they are as usual way over priced. If the want to sell more units, then lower the price as I’m pretty certain the profit margin on these is crazy.

I think you may be confusing the sublimox with the Varrox - two totally different bits of kit

Sublimox < £300

Sublimox ? Best method of application

Still on offer at a fraction under £300, including courier delivery.

SUBLIMOX ITALIAN - sublimator pentru acid oxalic
Thanks very much for the info which I acted on - I just received my Sublimox from this firm for under £300 including courier - the service and their English were both excellent.

Anyone wanting Kieler mini mating nucs should consider Germerott Bienentechnik GmbH <[email protected]> Euro 10.6 each

I use the Provap 220 which is a great bit of kit. It still amazes me how quickly I can go through an apiary of 10 - 20 hives, bung the kit back into the van and on to the next one. I would imagine that the sublimox is similar but I do like my digital read out.

Back