Sublimox users only

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatshark

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I know there are a few on here that have these machines ... has anyone managed to source the sealing rings for the OA 'cup' from the UK? I've worn mine out and the shipping from France (Icko) is about 5 times the price of the rings.

With thanks

Mine have worn out too and was in the process of emailing icko, don't need to now! Thanks

Icko's were only a couple of Euros each ... it's the delivery that's a killer. However, Etnamiele do sell the entire white plastic cup (Icko don't appear to) which is useful to know. The two provided with the machine aren't really enough to treat hives rapidly ... and they get really gunked up with the caramelised Api-Bioxal ;)

Really??
I reckon the ID is 28-30mm. The circumference is 94mm and I've lost my larger set of callipers (D'oh!) ... what's left of the current ring measures 28mm ID but it's pretty tatty and there might be a small bit missing. The outer diameter of the white plastic cup only measures 35mm.

Really??
I reckon the ID is 28-30mm. The circumference is 94mm and I've lost my larger set of callipers (D'oh!) ... what's left of the current ring measures 28mm ID but it's pretty tatty and there might be a small bit missing. The outer diameter of the white plastic cup only measures 35mm.

My mistake, 28mm ID 3mm diam tube. That is what I ordered, 10x ID 28mm x 3mm diam tube. My link must have gone to a different size or summat like that.
Sorry for any confusion.

Has anyone tried emailing sublimox direct. I purchased my machine directly from them and found them a bit slow but ok to deal with.

Hivemaker was a great help he gave me all the measurements I needed and as always was great with advice.It took a long time to make because of electronics and a major red herring which I got from the company, which I can understand by the way.It is widely believed and I was told that the metal container which holds the oxalic should be at a constant 185c thats what stumped me initially.If you watch the video of the Sulimox in action its impossible to get it to work like that in thirty seconds, at least with a 250 to 300watt heater at 185c.In order to get it to work exactly like that you need to start with a temperature of at least 230c I finally settled on 255c but there is a fluctuation in this figure due to a lot of variables.
This is how the Sublimox works all the oxalic is gone in thirty seconds,so formic it would appear is not an issue.

Thank you Pete that's very kind.It will be interesting to see how it holds up to a seasons testing by you.

My mistake, 28mm ID 3mm diam tube. That is what I ordered, 10x ID 28mm x 3mm diam tube. n.

Thread resurrection....

Are you sure about the 3mm tube diameter?
I have some 28mm x 3mm viton o rings and the fit of the nylon cup now feels loose in comparison to the original. I have yet to use the sublimox with them on though so all may well be well.
To the eye the new rings look smaller as well. I have vernier calipers at work but that's not until January now.
Thanks for any help.

Latest posts

Back