Sublimox Problem

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiallD

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
My SUBLIMOX APF-PLUS is not functioning as it should;

It begins to heat up as it should with both green and yellow lights on. It gets to a point where the yellow light switches off and green light,rather than giving a beep and staying on begins to flash and the machine emits a corresponding intermittent beep.It appears not to reach operating temperature.This happened on starting today's batch of hives using a charged battery and inverter, so back to base....I checked it on another battery and also on the mains 220-240V .Same result although it did heat up to operating temp. before starting the same sequence....When in this mode it seems not to heat the pan and is not capable of properly treating the hives.

Has any other sublimox user had a similar problem and can shed light on what might be the issue?? The user manual is a very slim volume with only minimal information. The only obvious thing to me is that the heating element may be compromised and need replacing.??? This machine is in it's 3rd. year and has done 500-600 treatments....Up to now it has performed well and I have been very satisfied with it.

I had hoped to finish treating all my hives in the next few days (over half way there) but looks like that's on hold unless I dig out my old Varrox pans...I wouldn't really fancy that regression. Fortunately, I did treat with Apivar in the Autumn so this is a belt & braces exercise. I've also been checking the mite drop after the additional treatment...seems to be 0 to 5-6 after 3 days so the mite level is quite low. I'd be happier with zero.

Any advise or comments appreciated......I may also try to contact the manufacturers, MEC Services s.r.l if I can find some contact details

It appears not to reach operating temperature.This happened on starting today's batch of hives using a charged battery and inverter
also on the mains 220-240V .Same result although it did heat up to operating temp. before starting the same sequence.

If your battery/inverter combo worked in the past then at least one of the three bits of kit must now be duff. There's a recent thread here which describes the unsuitability of batteries; I've only used a mini generator, and without issue for a few hundred colonies.

Where in the UK are you based.... someone local may be able to help you out!
Chons da

Where in the UK are you based.... someone local may be able to help you out!
Chons da

I'm not in the UK but on an adjacent island;)......Thanks all the same

Slán go fóill

Reactions: mbc

Latest posts

Back