STOP PRESS : Omlet Beekeeping Book

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somerford

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Wiltshire, Somerset, S Glos & S Oxfordshire
Hive Type
National
STOP PRESS

Just heard from Omlet that their Beekeeping book to accompany the BeeHaus is about to be published - covering basic beekeeping husbandry and also swarm control, uniting colonies etc.

This is excellent news to help newbeeks.

Also, they are seriously considering attending the Stoneleigh show, but will have something on their website nearer the time. Omlet attend alot of agricultural shows around the country each year.

regads

S

STOP PRESS

Just heard from Omlet that their Beekeeping book to accompany the BeeHaus is about to be published - covering basic beekeeping husbandry and also swarm control, uniting colonies etc.

Also, they are seriously considering attending the Stoneleigh show, but will have something on their website nearer the time. Omlet attend alot of agricultural shows around the country each year.

regads

S

I assume this is the a4 pack (or hardback version) that comes with the hive? if so then its not too bad, covers all the basics as you would expect

I think its the new online book they have been working on.

Forum members have been helping them to compile it with pictures information etc.

I think its the new online book they have been working on.

Forum members have been helping them to compile it with pictures information etc.

lmao, the forums BH lovers or BH haters?

I have decided to call mine the BH krypton factor game, grrrrrr

The neutrals?

Well I hope they are or else there will be some strange sections in the book.:laughing-smiley-004

Anyone any ideas on how many Beehaus's have been sold??

STOP PRESS

This should have been available BEFORE the beehaus was put on sale not after.

This is real world commerce, ..... not idealised beekeeping,

It's possible that Omlet needed to secure a revenue stream from sales before any product expansion could occur.

It should not be forgotten that most of us are in beekeeping for 'the love of it' ............

Whereas Omlet, whether they want to are not, are in it for the money !!

In business, you have to get things prioritised, so as to keep your cash flow positive ...

Without that precept, there might have been no BeeHaus at all .......

And then where would we be ?? .......

Don't answer that, Ha Ha, ........... :)

you dont get a book from thornes with a national ;)

Indeed you don't - any old amateur could get their mits on a hive and where would we be then.......

.....speaking of which I met such a family over the weekend and they are getting on fabulously.

chicken and egg I guess - I bet Langstroth didn't write a book before he made and sold his first hive, nor W.B Carr for that matter !!!!!!!!!

From what I can see, it would appear that omlet are the only ones who actually state "It's a really good idea to go on a beekeeping course to learn the basic skills of beekeeping."

That took 30 seconds to find on their website under FAQ, still looking at the other websites to find anything near.

PP,
Hopefully you won't have to travel too far as we have our Beehaus and plan to run courses on the Omlet site in due course. We are just waiting to get the account setup and a few final details.
We are based nr. Faversham, Kent so not too far from you only over the bridge.
GWW and Widdershins.

Nationals - we know they only hold one full colony. Beehaus - they (some of them) think it is good for two colonies.

The book will be a part re-hash of Robin Dartington's book 'New beekeeping', I would imagine. Lots of extra pictures/photos, but little actual new content.

It might bring a few of them down, out of the clouds and back to reality. One colony + artificial swarming space is what it will say, I would think. Just like the Dartingtons.

Nothing really new is there?; just different materials of manufactureand a very expensive price tag.

Regards, RAB

I think the big issue is whether you want to start with two hives or one.

Almost as soon as you get any real experience, the realisation strikes that at least two hives, or even three, are a big advantage for real beekeeping.

on that assumption, AND IN MY OPINION, two Nats or Langs are more use than one BeeHaus.

Two or three Beehaus are very much more expensive, than two or three Nats or Langs.

And, again IMO, are not that much more useful.

I think it's a question of perception, and how much budget you wish to allocate.

At this level it's a hobby and I'm not knocking anybody for doing what they want to do.

:)

Latest posts

Back