Stonleigh

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
Anyone going to the stoneleigh convention on 18th April I am thinking about it as I have never been.

Hi VEG

I am attending the convention as I will be travelling up for the Friday lectures and staying over night on Friday and Saturday.

My advice is if you are travelling up on the Saturday and have ordered anything from the stands then I would advise begin queing fairly early, 7.30 am onwards for 0900.

Regards;

Haven't ordered anything but intend going for a nose around but its 2 1/2 hour drive one way for me :(

Hi Veg
i have never been either, i have heard its a good event to attend, but the travelling time puts me off.

I will be there on the Poly stand. Say hello in passing.

PH

I will be there on the Poly stand. Say hello in passing.

PH

Sounds like you don't want anyone to hang around for a chat PH?!

Must get to Stoneleigh sometime, but not this year.

G.

Are there ever any events down south for us lazy buggers? :)

I will be at the show as one of the stewards on the saturday, i personaly go just so i can see what is avalible and its costs, alot more fun than monitor screens and paper catalogues, some of the lectures are great and some are just time fillers between the good ones. the clive de bryun looks good , if anyone whats to say hi i will be in the conservation area with two badges one saying pete and the other saying hedge row

Hi,

I have been debating going for the last few weeks! I want to buy some more kit but wonder if it would be worth a 2hr drive?

Some friends have said I should get some cheap gear there but said I would need to be early, is this correct???

Best regards,

MrTrueman

Mrtrueman if i was in your shoes and if you are after the cheap frames only or glass jars. then no i would not go, the cost of the ticket and the cost of traveling will easly out run your savings and the reason why the frames are cheap are they are seconds and thirds mixed up not firsts, as for the jars i can get them sent from london to home with a similar cost as the show, go if you want to see what is on the market and go to hear the lectures, go to meet old friends or make new ones, as for the early bit thornes usual have several pallets of frames for you to buy the ques for the wax conversion sheets last till lunch time at least and if the glass jars run out they will normaly let you pay for them there to have them delivered later. for two hours drive i would deffinatly go once and think about its worth for next time, i personaly go once every three years min

I think it moved to Weybridge this year as it is primaily run by a south London club. I cannot remember which one

Hi,

Is it just frames and jars? I was hoping to grab another hive and some feeders etc.

It is everything you can think of and stuff you canna imagine.

PH

thornes will have a complete stocked shop there as well as the other traders, the only reason i pointed out frames and wax is thats where most of the lads and ladies spend there time standing and or removing large amounts to thier cars, some people also pre order to have collected from there, i have done it several times when i wanted some things from denmark and germany. they get to have it as a stand display and i take it home postage free. as for Mrtrueman you have you made up your mind yet

Latest posts

Back