Stoneleigh 2009

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Is anyone else going. Could we meet up for a chat/drink? Nice to put faces to names- :cheers2:

(we could meet at the BBKA stand and ask 'WHY' :smash:!)
Heather

I'm looking forward to going tomorrow along with my Dad who's decided to take up beekeeping at 74 :cheers2:, but cant believe the price of entry!!!!...found one of my old tickets a couple of days ago, and in 1990 it was ?3.50 for members to get in...if you havent pre paid for you ticket its ?17 this year!!! :svengo:.....Ye Gods!!!

even so, as a member you can go for 3 days for that can't you. I dont think it is that bad value from the programme. That said, I have never been beore, so maybe i will change my opinion

i would have paid just £17 to hear the lecture clive is doing on queen rearing, but i have family comitments, or rather the family is trying to commit me?,my way of looking at it is £17 is a lot of money and it would be better priced at a tenner max, but i usual save between £10 and £20 on postage and delivery on what i buy there rather than on the internet, and as this is my only hobby as such, (allotments rotorvator, sun flowers ect not included) I have always saved a little money to use for saturday, when i wanted to buy my stainless extractor i had it from the stand saved £30 off the price and delivery £35 so it pays for me to go every other year normaly, its also good to get rid of the unwanted wax for sheets of foundation

I will be there but not until later as I have to make a serious diversion to pick up rolls for the card machine... a vital piece of kit for us.

I am only buying some side bars and mesh and hives and..... shhhh... she doesn't know.... yet... LOL

I'll see if I canna make up a wee name badge so if you see PH & or Poly Hive you can kick me. ;)

PH

As far as I know the 3 day entry was ?26....and I'll more than give it my best shot to make savings worth a lot more than the entry fee! :D

But considering that a lot of beekeepers are erm how can I put this tactfully?...getting on a bit, I thought that it was a bit steep. Especially as most beekeepers I know are frugal to put it mildly ;)

I'll keep an eye out for any name badges while I'm there though, and hopefully will see a few old friends tomorrow too....I cant wait

Latest posts

Back