Stolen Hives in the Lothians, Scotland

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure the police interest has nothing to do with the 'Royal' connection.

Yup I agree with DulwichGnome its who you are or who you know, when it come to getting things sorted by the police. When our allotments were broken into all the police did was come down (after a couple of days)and told us "not a lot we can do,the trail will be cold by now" (DOH it was you that left it a couple of days before coming down)Too busy handing speeding tickets out.

i was not able to register my bees as stolen only the hives, the local muppets at west brom belived that you cant record bees as live stock, and i had to then try a prove ownership of all my hives first , because i could not produce a reciept they then told me they would not bother looking into it as it was a specialty crime ! or in other words sorry but we cant be bothered

the word banging and head come together when dealing with west mids police i am affraid, when the caught i guy stealing crops last year they let him off with a verbal warning , he was stealing crops again within the hour the police did not want to deal withit because its this proof thing they only like to record crimes they can file as solved, other wise it looks as if the bad guy is winning, they guy stealing crops stopped when the locals tried and i do mean tried to linch him from a lamp post but he managed to run away faster than these guys could, untill they meet me they did not know that anyone kept bees inside the moter way corridor of the midlands

Back