Sticky floor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manek

House Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Guess who managed unknowingly to knock the honey tap open on a large bucket full of thick 2:1 solution today. In the living room....

The sweep is open on how long it took me to clear up the mess when half of it ended up on the floor, under the sofa, you name it. Guesses of under 60 minutes not accepted.

...and I though I'd had a bad weekend.

Ha ha. Might depend on what you call 'large'. Depends if your living room is carpeted or hard floor with movable rugs, etc.

Only half? Where did the other half go? On the sofa? Think yourself lucky if it was really only half of a small bucketful.

It may teach you to be more careful in the future!

Ooops! 5 hours and you keep finding stick bits lol

Ha ha. Might depend on what you call 'large'. Depends if your living room is carpeted or hard floor with movable rugs, etc.

Only half? Where did the other half go? On the sofa? Think yourself lucky if it was really only half of a small bucketful.

It may teach you to be more careful in the future!

I use 5 litre water bottles to mix and store my syrup, shaking the bottle as I go to help dissolve the sugar.

Note to self, always make sure the lid is on properly when shaking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it took about two hours for the first clean-up. Sit down, cup of tea. Then I got the mop out again (hard wooden floor, fortunately, and a rug that went into the washing machine) and did it all again because stickiness is incredibly sticky! The floor's still not right after probably about 3.5 hours of mopping up. Just hope ants don't find the sugary bits...

And thanks for the admonishment about learning lessons. It hadn't occurred to me not to do it again.

Latest posts

Back