Staple gun

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not used that one Pete and it's probably ok for what it is but if this is for frames then with your set up it would be good to invest in a cheap compressor and air tools

I have a 'cheap' electric staple gun and nailer .. I haven't used it much as a nailer as what I found was that, with nails in particular, I spent more time taking it apart and unjamming the strips of nails than it took to knock them in by hand. For some reason it works better as a stapler.

I don't know whether this was the fault of the gun or the strips of nails ... there just gets a point when frustration gets the better of you. I can't remember where I originally bought it but it was only about £20 at the time and it now spends most of it's time languising in a drawer in the garage.

Proper job would be a compressor and air driven nailer ... I don't use it enough to warrant adding one to my tool collection !

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/range/details/air-staple-nail-guns

Hi Pete,

I note it shows 15mm brads. If may not take the cheaper (by far) 16mm size. Beware.

Not really big enough for much, I would suggest, and you would be better off with a bigger machine for 14 x 12s. I use either a pneumatic lidl special at around twenty quid or an Arrow T something (200?) electric. I have a Canadian hand stapler/nailer that rarely gets used because I have loads of 16mm brads and it uses 15mm max. I wouldn't even think of the Aldi battery nailer. Had one and not long lived.

RAB

Thanks all, my wife wants one to do a bit of amateur upholstery using the staples, covering chairs and the like.
A 1000 15mm nails cost £1.74 + vat
I thought I might give it a go for frames and lose it in the garage :spy:

i have the lidls brad gun.really good for less than 20 quid.

Thanks all, my wife wants one to do a bit of amateur upholstery using the staples, covering chairs and the like.
A 1000 15mm nails cost £1.74 + vat
I thought I might give it a go for frames and lose it in the garage :spy:

Then on that case won't be great for upholstery apart from the most basic simple jobs with softwood frames.

I should add that one of the problems with these cheap staple guns is they want to drive the staple hard into the surface in the same way when firing pins they want to drive the nail just below the surface. The result is the staple damages the fabric or at worst cuts it and the upholstery can soon fall apart. The only way to combat it and its not so easy is to hold the staple gun lightly in the hand so that it reduces the pressure on the staple but its not easy to get right as some staples will be proud of the surface.

Last edited:
I bought an electric Stapler/nailer from Woolworth's 15 years ago for recovering some dining room chairs, I don't use it for frames as it's a bit hard to see what you are nailing but works fine for crown boards and mesh floors.

Woolworths? How old are you really?

RAB

Ha, I was born the year when a German won the British Grand Prix in a Ferrari, the Sunday Telegraph Was first published, the film The Taste Of Honey was released and some american went into space. ;)

ha, i was born the year when a german won the british grand prix in a ferrari, the sunday telegraph was first published, the film the taste of honey was released and some american went into space. ;)

1961?

d and some american went into space.

Hells bells, I was on a 'road run' from Buckingham to Padbury and back (double period of games) at the time when Alan Sheperd went up! I remember it well. Dick Clarke and I were 'running' slowly as we knew Mr Collis would return (on his 125 Bantam motorcycle) and tell us to turn around, so we did not miss our school bus. We had it worked out very well and, I think, Graham Collis knew we knew! A warm afternoon when we did the minimum we thought acceptable, for a games period of that type.

RAB

Double Games on a rainy day meant cross country run through Clyne woods along the old quarry tracks, there was a short cut as long as Mr Major didn't catch you then you would have to run it again with him screaming behind you, he must have been a fit guy to run 12 miles. Do kids still have to run cross country in school?

hell fire... first wedding anniversary when 1st moon landing...Still, its only a number.... and as long as I can lift a full super I will crash on.

Latest posts

Back