Stan wins "Best in Show" again at Brum

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCBrum

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
8 ish
Forum members may be interested to see some pics of the Birmingham and District Beekeeping Association annual honey show, which is being held at the 'Gardeners Weekend' Exhibition this weekend in Kings Heath Park, Birmingham.

The photos show setting up early this morning and the consequent judging by the very able and expert Mr Bernard Diaper, who kindly taught me a little of how to judge Mead whilst I was acting (unsteadily) as his steward. He is an extremely kind and helpful beekeeping expert. I hope to learn more from him in the future.

In particular the first photo shows two of our important 'Old-Timers', Stan And Eric, - Stan being seated. Readers may recall in the 'Porter Bee Escape' thread recently on this forum that Stan has been awarded a certificate for 50 years continuous beekeeping, and our 'Admin' has suggested that we should make a recording of Stan's recollections for posterity. I must exercise caution here as not everything that Stan utters about bees is suitable for recording, but every year he seems to produce a barrow-full of honey from a pile of old firewood. "Get yerself a WBC, young John" he says to me.

In spite of the varied weather conditions and other troubles this year, Stan managed to carry it off with a "Best in Show" riband, and many other awards too.

JC.

Looks like you had lots of fun there!!!

It was wonderful Widders.

JC.

p.s. looks like we may meet next weekend :) J.

JC great pics !

It makes my day to see members pics,and what could be better than some of a local honey show.

If anyone else is attending a show and would like to take some pics for members to view I am sure it would be appreciated.

Maybe we could even have a seperate section for them if we get enough?

No mud in Brum Fris, ....... come on up and try it .......... xx J

No mud in Brum Fris, ....... come on up and try it .......... xx J

It's all concrete.......I can't walk on concrete...it makes me feet go funny, I need grass.....or wood.....or mud.

tongue-039.GIF

Frisbee

JC go down to Early learning and buy a paddling pool and fill it with mud for when Fris arrives ;)

JC go down to Early learning and buy a paddling pool and fill it with mud for when Fris arrives ;)

I have enough trouble 'wrestling' with bee problems ..................... :)

It's all concrete.......I can't walk on concrete...it makes me feet go funny, I need grass.....or wood.....or mud.

tongue-039.GIF

Frisbee

I've saved a little "oasis" just for you Fris, ....... Chez JC .... no 'tea-bags' ;) xx

Only kidding,no your not JC, going to have to get a collar and lead for you my boy..

Er, it's a bit ot, all this, come and meet Stan Fris, He's lovely ........ J

oooh sounds good ........ you are SO strict .......... Jx

(crossed posts)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back