Stainless Steel extractor plans

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frithgar

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 and one nuc
I've had a hunt around and can't find any threads related to this so I hope I'm not repeating the same old requests.
Does anyone have plans for a stainless steel raidal extractor that takes at least 9 frames?
I've found several plans on various websites for plywood ones that can be painted with food grade paint, but no plans for stainless steel ones. My father is a metal worker and said he could probably make what I wanted without too much difficulty but having some plans would make things easier.
Any help would be appreciated,
Frith.

I don`t think you`ll find any plans for what you`re after but you may be lucky Frithgar.
Could you find someone local with a suitable extractor and take a few measurements / photo`s ?

Darren.

9-frame extractor sound difficult. How to get spinning balance with frames? because frames are not in opposite sites.

When I use 6-frame model i can use few frames or I can mix medium supers and brood frames

1+1 (4 missing)

2+2 (2 missing)

2+4

3+3

1+1+1 (3 missing)

Last edited:
I've seen several 9 frame extractors for sale, they are split into three sections, with 3 frames on each.
So far it's looking like I'll have to find someone with an extractor and take measurements, there are some nice pics posted on here of an extractor that someone has made (Victor Meldrew I believe), along with some pictures of other extractors this will have to suffice.
Frith

Quick question.

I want to sell my honey when i harvest it. From what i have heard, i can only do this if it is extracted using food grade plastic or stainless steel.

What if i have an Aluminium extractor?

You could use it for your own consumption, but not if you want to sell it. Also some older extractors can taint the honey if the wrong metal actually comes into contact with the honey.
Frith

Have you thought about using a a stainless beer barrel as the tub? Then you can use some stainless round bar to make yourself a cage.

Shouldn't be to difficult but might be heavy to move around.

I've seen several 9 frame extractors for sale, they are split into three sections, with 3 frames on each.
So far it's looking like I'll have to find someone with an extractor and take measurements, there are some nice pics posted on here of an extractor that someone has made (Victor Meldrew I believe), along with some pictures of other extractors this will have to suffice.
Frith

I`ve got a 9 frame extractor if you want to have a measure up.

Darren

Latest posts

Back