Springwatch

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ade'sBee's

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Did anyone see Kate ( i know it all ) Humble with her bee's on Tuesday's show? They showed her first inspection of this year on her colony which she started from a nuc last year and there were deformed bee's caused from varroa...i might be barking up the wrong tree but if these were treated in the past they should'nt have got to this stage and is this not a bad advert for beekeeping management by someone in her position :cuss:

is this not a bad advert for beekeeping management by someone in her position :cuss:

Depends how she/springwatch decide to handle it (if at all), they could ignore it, which wouldn't be great - alternatively, she could admit she didn't treat them, which I'm sure people would accept, given that she is a new beekeeper. It could be a learning experience for her and viewers alike.
Not to mention raising the profile with the public about what varroa actually does.

Being a "celebrity" doesn't make you an expert beekeeper.

Did you not see them treat the bees with something out of a bottle. Looked suspiciously like OA to me.

Also, it was not recent footage, I think this was from Feb/March time.

It was earlier this year , she is doing it under some well know beek and not on own and yes i did see them treat it now but not so sure treatment in past years has happened... It may raise publics awareness on varroa , a bad one! better to show that its treatable me thinks..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back