Spraying. Text book

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
As expected I got a polite call from the farm to ask when it would be convenient to ME no less to spray the rape.

I got organised and they did the job first thing yesterday morning. I let the bees out yesterday afternoon and all is well.

Although it was a contact insecticide (and no I didn't catch the name) the bees that got shut out at 9-30 pm no less seemed to have survived. Including one poor lass which had the biggest baskets of pollen I have ever seen. Didn't have the camera to get her sadly.

PH

Last edited:
thats great I hope the farmer whos land my hives are on will do the same. I know there is a lot of talk about how bad the sprays are but it it possible to find out when fields are going to be sprayed and what with. Don't get me wrong i'm sure this won't happen all the time but at the end of the day we need the flowers for nectar and the farmer needs the flowers to be pollinated its not in their interests to be killing off all our bees.

Farmers are supposed to let local associations know when they are going to spray and with what (well they do in our area)

Latest posts

Back