Spot The Queen...Don't spoil it for others. PM me if you want to say where she is

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m rubbish at this. Don’t really try anymore just photo everything and look at my leisure. Even then never sure if I’ve seen the queen. Is this a queen the very black bee in the bottom right). ? Looks a bit small to me but different than the others daughter thinks it’s a drone

Attachments

• A84EF3AA-B327-42CF-A50B-4339DBCF66F9.jpeg
    A84EF3AA-B327-42CF-A50B-4339DBCF66F9.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 124
I’m rubbish at this. Don’t really try anymore just photo everything and look at my leisure. Even then never sure if I’ve seen the queen. Is this a queen the very black bee in the bottom right). ? Looks a bit small to me but different than the others daughter thinks it’s a drone
It’s a drone.
Blunt abdomen and furry thorax

I’m rubbish at this. Don’t really try anymore just photo everything and look at my leisure.
Funny, I'm the opposite. I find it much easier to see a live, moving queen. I tend spot a queen by noticing the way she moves differently to the other bees across the frame and how they move around her. The difference in movement stands out to me and then I spot her.

Sometimes they show themselves. I'll post the same frame later, a little more difficult.

Attachments

• findqueen 01.jpg
    findqueen 01.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 173
Don't scare me like that!

There goes our varroa free status and half of our industry :sos:

Ooops, I feel quite foolish now! :oops: I didn't twig that this was Tasmania....(I know, there's a clue on the profile...:oops::oops:).

Quite exciting though, to see Braula! Haven't seen it for donkeys

Interesting that your autocorrect corrected braula to Beaumaris. Just goes to show Big Brother always knows where you are and what is/isn't supposed to be local!
Blimey you were in top of that quickly. I changed it in seconds 😂😂 And I’m not in Anglesey 😉

Latest posts

Back