Spirited introvert

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HughMann

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Not the right time of year, but I am planning ahead.
I am researching production of invert syrup for the bees (main issue is prevention of HMVs)
But the question here is this:
I have a large supply of food safe containers from gin making (no before you ask), they are in excellent shape having only contained the pure alcahol.
BUT they still smell of that alcohol (not gin), and therefore remnants of it.
I know from traditional German beekeeping that sugar feed used to contain a little 'liqure' - so I am thinking this may not be an issue.
Any thoughts?

Not the right time of year, but I am planning ahead.
I am researching production of invert syrup for the bees (main issue is prevention of HMVs)
But the question here is this:
I have a large supply of food safe containers from gin making (no before you ask), they are in excellent shape having only contained the pure alcahol.
BUT they still smell of that alcohol (not gin), and therefore remnants of it.
I know from traditional German beekeeping that sugar feed used to contain a little 'liqure' - so I am thinking this may not be an issue.
Any thoughts?
Only thought I have is that commercial invert is produced by enzymes, not heat, so HMFs are not an issue
Maybe simply add Vit C as a halfway measure? Some commercial beekeepers do just that

Only thought I have is that commercial invert is produced by enzymes, not heat, so HMFs are not an issue
Maybe simply add Vit C as a halfway measure? Some commercial beekeepers do just that
Very useful. Te word enzyme was all I needed to find this very interesting article Skiping to the laymens language later on and it turns out the local cake shop is our friend again.
https://infinitabiotech.com/blog/what-is-invertase-enzyme/!
Where to Buy Invertase Enzyme

Since invertase is commonly used in baking and candy making, the best place to look for it is in well-stocked cake decorating and candy supply stores. It is also found on many candy supply websites
!

Latest posts

Back