Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Black Comb 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
10+
When you spell incorrectly in a post the forum kindly underlines the word in red.

However, it seems to be American spelling - labour and colour for example are now showing red u/l/.

Can we have UK spelling?

Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
5...2 wooden National, 2 poly Nat & 1 poly nuc...bursting at the seams
Um - my forum page doesn't underline anything - how do you get yours to?

Last edited:

winmag270 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
not saying anymore in case SWMBO reads this... ;o)
a possible solution would be to write your post in word, edit it until you are happy then copy and paste into the forum window.....

provided your copy of word is set up with a uk dictionary, that is...

just a thawt..... :patriot:

MuswellMetro 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
When you spell incorrectly in a post the forum kindly underlines the word in red.

However, it seems to be American spelling - labour and colour for example are now showing red u/l/.

Can we have UK spelling?
as a total dyslexic, how do you turn spelling checker on

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
Firefox underlines it in red ......... are you running a US operating system/browser set up? Windoze?:biggrinjester:

MuswellMetro 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Firefox underlines it in red ......... are you running a US operating system/browser set up? Windoze?:biggrinjester:
Bross,

how do you turn it on in firefox , i am using the latest firefox and i ain't got no underlining

Edit, to why even if i check the box in options, my firefox spellcheck does not worrk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Mine says it isn't a valid windows net extension!! To think I used to teach cumputer use!! Mind you - we went on a course for a week to learn how and Windows has had 2 versions since then...

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
Are you getting the "Windoze runaround"? - whereby the computer is not yours, it is Microsoft's, and they might deign to let you use it on their terms - (you regularly pay them a vast sum of money for layer upon layer of really badly written code, riddled with security holes, which slows even the fastest machines to a crawl, and THEN has the cheek to tell you that you can't go to the Mozilla website to download a proper browser because it is of the devil, and will undoubtedly give you piles and hairy warts........)

But then I am a smug Ubuntu user, (which "just does it")

Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Fraid so - my computer thinks it is brighter than me...but then again...it probably IS brighter than me!!

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
- it has the same facility to spillchuck -
"options -"under the hood" - Web content - "change font and language settings" to ensure the UK dictionary is used :sifone:

Der Alte Fritz 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
wbc
Number of Hives
Dont get me going on Windoze.....:ack2:
Have stuck to XP 'cos Vista is broken and the new one is soooo sllooowwww....
Forget copying and pasting a file in explorer....can take 5 minutes.

Latest thing to make my blood boil:toetap05: is a window that pops open every time I use my venerable copy of Office 2003 which tells me it is a forgery! I bought it so I know that it is a lie!

So have now got Mozilla Thunderbird, Firefox, Google Chrome(and Safari) and Open Office 3, RealPlayer and Foxit PDF reader and have deleted all my MS products.

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
http://wubi-installer.org/ - it's how I first dipped a toe into the wonderful world of Linux - it revivified an ancient laptop which I ran for another 18 months - nowadays I run Ubuntu on my main pc, and Puppeee linux on my Asus eee netbook - no windoze at all........:hurray:

Viruses, trojans, paid software, crashes, software running in treacle......... I have a distant memory - they all come with windoze!:D

Latest posts