Spam?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilberdyke John

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Just noticed a message in my inbox from someone hawking membership of beehive and bee set up registry. Is this a widespread thing?

Just noticed a message in my inbox from someone hawking membership of beehive and bee set up registry. Is this a widespread thing?
I expect we all got the same message. I have chosen to ignore it as, even if genuine from admin, not sure l want all those rather personal hive details available for all to see, even BKF members. Although admittedly not social media, still not good to share too much info.

Received my private message (conversation) Monday at 2010hrs.

Its now Wednesday 1715hrs and the new forum has 1 thread. Not even the mods have posted in there.

Says it all really.

I posted in there :)
As an edit I wanted to add....
As forum moderators, we are not here to clog up and take over threads, It's your forum, a discussion forum. We do the boring stuff in the background. We are also members so from time to time we post albeit maybe less than we used to (too busy reading)
The site is under new ownership and inevitably there are and will be changes. I don't think it was ever intended for detailed info on location, etc. Let's face it, nobody advertises their location, right? :)
A photo of one/some of your apiaries, brief description (as much as you want to disclose) Some people like this sort of thing, I do, I've seen some beautiful apiaries in past photos but still none the wiser as to location.
Keith Pierce and Brian O are two that spring immediately to mind, such lovely apiary sites.
Give it a chance and see what you think, I've been really impressed already by the craftsmanship.

Last edited:
I expect we all got the same message. I have chosen to ignore it as, even if genuine from admin, not sure l want all those rather personal hive details available for all to see, even BKF members. Although admittedly not social media, still not good to share too much info.
I'm not enamoured of having such messages sent to everyone by private message, especially if the same information is posted in a thread. Maybe I'm just suspicious of unsolicited messages or cynical as the years pass? I get emails with morphed origin details so I have a deep suspicion of sender headers

Last edited:
Back