Spam

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
set yourself up a new email account if you can then junk the one that is giving u a problem.

Errrmmm - sorry to be a bit cautious......

.......... but what will I find if I click on that link?

If you got problems from visiting it, will I?

Dusty

:LOOP
Only if you are paranoid....
GOTO :LOOP

if you are getting spam throu you email, then the simple way to do it is add sender to you spam list ,they will be put into your spam box and will not show in your list

I am bombarded with it lately, I suspect that this is the culprit,

http://www.downloademail.net/9/email-list-part-4273/4236.html

It came up when I googled my email address. What can i do??:sos::offtopic:

Somewhere down the line your email address has been 'harvested' by a site ... lots of them about ... could be anything where you have provided your email address. Unfortunately, these lists are then passed on and on to other lists and it's almost impossible to keep ahead of the SPAM ... best advice, get a new email address and only give it to those people/organisations that you really want to have it. Don't transfer your address books directly in case your existing account has been infiltrated. Dump the old account or keep it for anything dodgy you give your email for. It's sometimes a good idea to have two or three separate email accounts for different aspects of your communications ... at least then you compartmentalise the threat from spam, harvesting, viruses etc.

Somewhere down the line your email address has been 'harvested' by a site ... lots of them about ... could be anything where you have provided your email address. Unfortunately, these lists are then passed on and on to other lists and it's almost impossible to keep ahead of the SPAM ... best advice, get a new email address and only give it to those people/organisations that you really want to have it. Don't transfer your address books directly in case your existing account has been infiltrated. Dump the old account or keep it for anything dodgy you give your email for. It's sometimes a good idea to have two or three separate email accounts for different aspects of your communications ... at least then you compartmentalise the threat from spam, harvesting, viruses etc.
Thanks for your replies, obviously I am on a harvested list, (The Link) I have a hotmail account and most of it goes into the junk folder but lately some of it is getting into the inbox. I will have a look at the filter settings.

Latest posts

Back