South Kesteven (Lincs)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
None of my own
Hi

Is there anyone in the Grantham-ish general area willing to offer mentorship?

I'm a first year beek, with two hives. Plenty of self help options - this excellent forum, member of Sleaford BKA, previous teacher in Lincoln, several books - but would be good to know someone nearby who could show me Level 2 stuff such as queen rearing, or offer sage advise when I screw things up!

Steve

Have you done a Beginner Course yet ? Roy Parker of Sleaford BKA is about to run one.

As regards Queen Rearing, Lincs county BKA will be running a course later in the year.

I know it's hard without a mentor - after doing my Beginners Course in Horncastle 2 years ago I've struggled along without one, learning as I go along - not the best way to learn and I do think that organisers of Beginners Courses have a responsibility to support people completing courses by linking them with a mentor in their locality.

Good luck for the future.

PS if you attend the free lecture prior to the Lincs AGM given by Celia Davies you might learn something and meet more beeks, novice and experienced.

I'm sure there'll be many volunteers offering themselves up in exchange for a spin in your flashy italian purchase in the summer!!!!

Haha :auto:

That original request was back in July and while, as you know, I'm far from confident/competant I've got a whole season under my not inconsiderable belt now and am feeling better about it all - thanks mainly to the help on this site