Sonic mole repellers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
4 national
Hi folks, Still got a problem with moles in my allotment, tried traps, both scissors and tunnel, failed miserably. The soil kept collapsing around the traps. Even had a professional in to try his luck, but he failed as well. He said the soil is too "soft" and deep! He suggested sonic repellers. Anyone tried them, if so what were your results?

Cheers Bryan

Moles, snakes, hornets, woodpeckers (yea, I know they've arrived recently), there's a lot you've got that we don't!

Hi folks, Still got a problem with moles in my allotment, tried traps, both scissors and tunnel, failed miserably. The soil kept collapsing around the traps. Even had a professional in to try his luck, but he failed as well. He said the soil is too "soft" and deep! He suggested sonic repellers. Anyone tried them, if so what were your results?

Cheers Bryan
There is a very good book on mole control published by The Crowood Press...www.crowood.com

Sonic repellers don't work, if the mole goes, its just coincidence I'm afraid.

gassing is 'hit and miss'

A proper 'no mole, no fee' mole catcher will do the job - wrong soil, too deep is just bullshirt I'm afraid.

PM me your postcode and I'll find you one

In my dads garden he knows when the battery's run out as the moles come back so must be a BIG coincidence then.

Wait till the molehill moves and then let rip with both barrels of a 12 bore.......works for me!

In my dads garden he knows when the battery's run out as the moles come back so must be a BIG coincidence then.

Well, there is no scientific evidence of them working. I've lost count of the placed I've visited for mole problems where these have been used. I'm not dissing your Dad's experience, but there's a massive stack of evidence against them.

12 bore works well if you got the time to wait...

Sonic repellers don't work, if the mole goes, its just coincidence I'm afraid.

gassing is 'hit and miss'

A proper 'no mole, no fee' mole catcher will do the job - wrong soil, too deep is just bullshirt I'm afraid.

PM me your postcode and I'll find you one

Funnily enough, this is what I used to use to disguise my scent on mole traps when trapping on dairy pasture.

I remeber looking at sonic mole thingies two years ago.

The feedback from customers at Amazon persuaded me to save my money.

They blow them up here.
(And I don't mean they inflate them...)

I know a man who has never failed to catch a mole, he makes a small fortune at it on the quiet

I know a man who has never failed to catch a mole, he makes a small fortune at it on the quiet

I notice you said, "catch a mole".

What does he do? Put it in the freezer between jobs, warm it up down his kecks on the way to the job, and pull it out of a hole with a flourish?

Dusty

I catch loads of moles for people that have bought the sonic repellants...they don't work.

Latest posts

Back