Something new

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abm

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just like Pest Control, theres always something new to learn about bees. I always thought that bees preferred a void fit for purpose.
Called to a new swarm that had moved into a pub roof yesterday, lanlord says they are even in bedroom.. so after a survey of the massive loft space i found this old comb.

No wonder the swarm chose the same side of the pub... quote sent in.

2 pints of Guinness and a barley stout for the bees upstairs :) "O" and a sweet sherry for HM

Just like Pest Control, theres always something new to learn about bees. I always thought that bees preferred a void fit for purpose.

They sort of had a 'void fit for purpose'... The flap of roofing fabric hanging down would have initially provided a dark and sheltered knook for the initial swarm to start building comb.

Yes, certainly and the extensions have ingressed.
Fab... if the quotes accepted, expect a pictorial reply.

Last edited:
Called to a new swarm that had moved into a pub roof yesterday, lanlord says they are even in bedroom.. so after a survey of the massive loft space i found this old comb.
No wonder the swarm chose the same side of the pub... quote sent in.

They cant always find their preference.

with it being tar paper you have agood oportunity to observe the complete structure.
Can you photo the layout of the combs and if possilbe the gaps at the top and sides with a ruler in the piccy so that measurements can be taken. I'm particular interested in the gaps in the combs and between the comb an the cavity wallf/roof

Yes, certainly will as my quote has been accepted.

Here you go. Bees follow their own rules.

Attachments

• 13221082_2008403199385458_7480127923362535293_n[2].jpg
    13221082_2008403199385458_7480127923362535293_n[2].jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 32
This was in Australia, an easy job for my son in law. Natural cavities ignored and just a small distance (hive stand?) from the ground.

Back