Some pics to amuse and even inform?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
I am beginning a pretty hefty task of scanning all my slides.

I am under the knife on Thursday so over the weekend I won't be fit for much at all apart from doing some scanning so I thought to offer up a few for your amusement.

Spinning Heather honey, Selling honey, bees on stands at Craibstone, View attachment 2773

View attachment 2774

View attachment 2775

Wax class at Craibstone when I ran evening classes.

Bees on the OSR>

Filtering honey the hard way.

Using the bees to sell their honey...LOL

Nice hat.... where did you get the honeycomb lino?

Mega drone conb to attact all the little varroa, a quick run over with the vacuum and job done.

Hope the knife thing isn't too serious.

Ian

Some hives. The skeps were in Germany and the owner reputedly ran some 1000 of them in the early 80's. 1980's that is.

A bee haus, a real one.

A concrete hive, which I mentioned not that long ago.

The last should need no comment.

A concrete hive.
attachment.php

I'd like one of those for my grave stone, but some xxxxxxxx would only steal it.
:angelsad2:

excellent photos. thanks for sharing. hope the op goes well.

Nothing serious I hope PH?

best wishes from all of us
:cheers2:

Outside feeder for pollen and syrup.

Hive stands ground and folding.

Spinning heather honey.

Pre stripey shirt days obviously.
So that's what a bee haus frau looks like.
Don't let your b******s dangle in the dust. Nothing serious with the op I trust.

I warn you I have thousands of these...LOL

It's my left knee cartilage which is shot. I am rather restricted in my movements and exacerbated it with a fall on the ice so not achieving much at the moment.

So I am going to bombard you with these...LOL

Using an Epson V300 scanner to do 4 at a time and it is working away rather well I think.

Aberdeen and District Honey show.

Two of Bernard Mobus.

A useful hive carrier.

My first dog and a very clever bee dog at that. Chewbacca.

Extraction room at Craibstone, Extractor, Uncapping machine, Heather honey loosner, honey warming tank, and other bits...

A poly National with home made roof and timber Langstrogh super on. The poly actually was cut to take Smith top bars and so arguably should be called a Poly Smith but was not..LOL

Chewie licking stings out of my gloves. Mystified me and my beekeeping vet too. *shrug* another of life's little mysteries.

Last edited:
Hamish and Joan Robertson of Struan Apiaries to whom I owe a huge debt of gratitude, a marvellous mentor for many years.

Mrs Thom of Turriff who taught me to find queens, now sadly gone but another to whom I owe a debt.

Showing the drawing power of an observation hive on the honey stall.

A heather honey press on display.

Where?

Yes in posts 1 and 10.

PH

Last edited:
First set of pics PH (I think). Honey from settling tank, running into spin dryer as recently described and discharging into a bucket.

Yes, post 1 and 10 pic 3. Note that one of them looks to be reversed because of the position of the pipes, motors, lid etc.

Last edited:
Very intresting pics. Poly. And we all thought you just talked b*olcks (only joking)

I hope the operation goes OK, I belive size 12 is easly obtained in a womans shoe:rofl::rofl::rofl:

But really, very nice pics.:cheers2::cheers2: ANd hope it all goes well.

A large crowd at a big bee roup. Some 50 odd hives sold that night.

Running in a swarm.

A Taranov swarm in it's board.

Diagram showing swarm split.

Latest posts

Back