Some people are just stupid

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same around with us - the crowds going to Penyfan over the last week has been bonkers, some in minubuses ful of mixed households - one lot all the way from London, quite a few thousand pound penalties doled out........which is nice
The police have even set up a checkpoint on Llewelyn's bridge (AKA the second severn crossing.)

Yes that works.

People really are bonkers, the average english driver doesn't use winter tyres very much and expects to be able to go anywhere in their little tin box on wheels. I reckon you locals have missed a trick though - £50 minimum recovery fee and similar to park .

All the locals are putting a pertishion together to stop folk driving to the summit.. In the 90s it was all closed of and the gates were locked,there is car parks in the village to accommodate.

The brown Clee hill summit is closed of and you have to walk upto it..
It's the folk that travel from the Midlands etc that spoil it.. Far enough come to the hill because its a lovely place.. But just don't abuse it which is what's happening.
Graffety, litter, needles being left, laughing gas canisters, fly tipping, off roading, when the area is protected and part of Shropshire hill ANOB.
I know from what the farmers say they have had enough.. Dog walkers letting there dogs off and attacking sheep.. This happens at more beauty spots than I know of I'm sure..

The signs that have been put up by the local committee don't make any difference its such a shame and is so saddening..

Same around with us - the crowds going to Penyfan over the last week has been bonkers, some in minubuses ful of mixed households - one lot all the way from London, quite a few thousand pound penalties doled out........which is nice
The police have even set up a checkpoint on Llewelyn's bridge (AKA the second severn crossing.)

my niebour was saying that the police have been sitting up on the summit car park and fines have been issued.. He was saying it was like a convaer belt by what he could see... Bloody good job to.

image1.jpeg
This is us at 11 today. This is a clearway and there should be no parking on there at all.
When asked why they were coming out here by a local when we are tier 4, responses varied from
We are tier 4 as well so it doesn't matter
to
We thought you were tier 3 so we thought we could come to you from a tier 4!
The good news is we have just had 30 minutes of heavy snow, We are 900 feet up and the road is now impassible where we are, the road you see here peaks at just over 1500 feet so a lot will be learning the hard way to respect the Peaks. It will be cold sleeping in the car on there!

View attachment 23720
This is us at 11 today. This is a clearway and there should be no parking on there at all.
When asked why they were coming out here by a local when we are tier 4, responses varied from
We are tier 4 as well so it doesn't matter
to
We thought you were tier 3 so we thought we could come to you from a tier 4!
The good news is we have just had 30 minutes of heavy snow, We are 900 feet up and the road is now impassible where we are, the road you see here peaks at just over 1500 feet so a lot will be learning the hard way to respect the Peaks. It will be cold sleeping in the car on there!
Sounds like ignorance and stupidity I bet you none of the cars that are there are locals, any police about to send them on there way?

Folk aren't allowed to see relitive for very long.. "Hang on" "we will go for a lovely walk up on the hills" that are an hour away, and get stuck in the snow.. (tell the relatives)
As someone posted recently QUOTE : stupid is as stupid does.. Good old forest gump. :rolleyes::laughing-smiley-004

Yes that works.

People really are bonkers, the average english driver doesn't use winter tyres very much and expects to be able to go anywhere in their little tin box on wheels. I reckon you locals have missed a trick though - £50 minimum recovery fee and similar to park .
The person in the tractor removing the white landy.. Has made a pretty penny so he was saying.
Maybe I should of put my honey stand out.. Dame I have none left.
Chinese honey anyone.. :icon_204-2::icon_204-2::nono:

Idiot drivers out of Plymouth flocking to Dartmoor and blocking roads prevented a GP getting vital medical supplies to an old peoples home in Princetown via Yelverton yesterday including Covid 19 anti venom!

Fines handed out!

Idiot drivers out of Plymouth flocking to Dartmoor and blocking roads prevented a GP getting vital medical supplies to an old peoples home in Princetown via Yelverton yesterday including Covid 19 anti venom!

Fines handed out!
We have had mountain rescue blocked many times this year, I am getting to the stage where I reckon we should just leave them up there! The police don't seem to be the slightest bit interested and are conspicuous by their absence. We just keep getting told to call Derbyshire CC for parking enforcement.
The rescue helicopter is also out almost daily, I hate to think how much it is costing. I used to pay a regular subscription but I am afraid I have cancelled it as I bet the people using it have never paid a penny in and going up a mountain in a pac-a-mac and flipflops is asking for trouble! I am beginning to think it is Darwin Awards time.
Sorry, I am not an evil person really and would generally help anyone with anything but I am probably a good couple of yards beyond my tether.

Fines handed out!
Sounds like it's happening all over the country, its no wonder things are the way they are I'm off to do this :banghead:. And then feed some colonys before it's dark.

"Prosit Neujahr"
Happy New year.

We have had mountain rescue blocked many times this year, I am getting to the stage where I reckon we should just leave them up there! The police don't seem to be the slightest bit interested and are conspicuous by their absence. We just keep getting told to call Derbyshire CC for parking enforcement.
The rescue helicopter is also out almost daily, I hate to think how much it is costing. I used to pay a regular subscription but I am afraid I have cancelled it as I bet the people using it have never paid a penny in and going up a mountain in a pac-a-mac and flipflops is asking for trouble! I am beginning to think it is Darwin Awards time.
Sorry, I am not an evil person really and would generally help anyone with anything but I am probably a good couple of yards beyond my tether.
Here here I know how you feel.

We have had mountain rescue blocked many times this year,
Stan was a member of Kendal Mountain Rescue for many years and I can assure they would go up the mountains to rescue anybody, crag fast sheep and dogs fallen down pot holes included. Yes there are stupid people out there but none that don't deserve rescuing.

Stan was a member of Kendal Mountain Rescue for many years and I can assure they would go up the mountains to rescue anybody, crag fast sheep and dogs fallen down pot holes included. Yes there are stupid people out there but none that don't deserve rescuing.
I am well aware of that, having many friends and family being involved in it for years, including a close friend who lost his own life trying to save someone else, and being involved in fundraising for it. It is the fact that these courageous people are risking their own lives to help these ill-prepared, selfish people that is getting too much, particularly when they can't even get their vehicles to the base of hills anymore because of illegal parking, meaning rescues are taking longer as they have to walk a mile or so further than they should need to.
In previous years, I have gone out of my way to assist people, including letting people stay in our cottage overnight free of charge when they have been caught out by our weather.
The rudeness, arrogance and ignorance we are faced with daily is taking its toll on all locally. We have had animals killed, local moorland set on fire several times, areas covered in human sewage, including people sh***ng in the dam that supplies the valley's drinking water. It is hardly surprising that we are getting fed up.
And no, I would never really hope someone would get hurt, but I can be excused for having an 'outburst' which I apologised for at the time.

Sadly the number of simply vile, self centered, nasty & inconsiderate morons are on the increase world-wide.

Sadly the number of simply vile, self centered, nasty & inconsiderate morons are on the increase world-wide.

It's very difficult to understand human behaviour (no mountains hereabouts). I do a local litter pick along our road. Beer bottles and cans, half-eaten takeaways, etc, etc. I sympathise with the multitude of delivery drivers - but please don't throw your stuff out of the window!

Today SWMBO and I traversed a 200m footpath opposite our house. Five dog-poo bags abandoned, two neatly placed beneath the footpath sign!

Bu who is to judge? All this week I've lit a log fire in the sitting-room grate (= noxious particles/air pollution) and I'm thinking of buying another pull-over fleece (= plastic nano- fibres)...

Attachments

• AA68A32D-8AE9-490D-94AC-770956B1E4BF.jpeg
    AA68A32D-8AE9-490D-94AC-770956B1E4BF.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
It's very difficult to understand human behaviour (no mountains hereabouts). I do a local litter pick along our road. Beer bottles and cans, half-eaten takeaways, etc, etc. I sympathise with the multitude of delivery drivers - but please don't throw your stuff out of the window!

Today SWMBO and I traversed a 200m footpath opposite our house. Five dog-poo bags abandoned, two neatly placed beneath the footpath sign!

Bu who is to judge? All this week I've lit a log fire in the sitting-room grate (= noxious particles/air pollution) and I'm thinking of buying another pull-over fleece (= plastic nano- fibres)...
Ah that's the thing though Amari your thoughtful of what you are doing you care and think about lighting your fire knowing that you are poluting the air.

You also give back...which Is more than what most do.

If more of us had your mind set and I know a lot do.. It would be a better world to live in.
To many selfish people around (maybe I should use the word "twatish") which only seems to be getting worse.. It will be our demise in the end, history is, has partly proven this already.

Ps perhaps buy a woolen jumper from a UK maker with UK wool

Latest posts

Back