Some light fingered swine

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'est le petit coin pour les apiculteurs en France?

Funny enough the man I bought the hives from rang me up last night, said he had another van full if I wanted it - for free, just been and collected a full load.
Anyway munch, there's plenty around for your parents if they search it out on the French websites.

One thing that I would think about is what type of person only takes 3 when there are 10? Not your normal French commercial bee keeper that's for sure and what French "hobby bee keepers" there are here, (few and far between), that I've met have always been very "nice" people.

................then sheep stealing? Whatever next?

Bon chance, Chris

Sorry to hear about your miss fortune, however I have a plan, make up a dummy hive and put it closest to the entrance to your apiary and put a dye bomb under the roof so when a thief opens the hive he will get an eye full. To keep it all legal I suppose you can put a sign up saying protected by explosive devices and with a bit of luck your girls will be startled by it all and get into a stingy mood. Sonic alarms are also good

Sorry to hear about your stolen hives. Unfortunately a sign of the times!

yet beekeepers must understand the devastation of the victim

They are not true beekeepers as we would never take another's hive...simply a person who keeps bees. I fear their mentality must be completely different. :(

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what people do as a hobby or a gob there is people in all walks of life who are dishonest.

I've carved my post-code into all my hive parts, after they were starting to get a bit of attention (the odd hive supers going missing) last year. As yet no troubles this year, but that could be due to a lack of honey.

Hmmm, that's the UK. It really is different here, there are hives literally everywhere and in all seriousness I could load hundreds easily in a night without anyone knowing, in fact it could be weeks, maybe months, before anyone noticed they were gone.

Chris

Latest posts

Back