Some absolute crap on youtube!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazzamazda

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I was just browsing and came across this, so whats all this about?!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRdtrTrTjwQ[/ame]

Bad choice to show a youtube demo on, its only got 7 frames in it, not one of them with the same spacing... :eek: No wonder pete has bracing problems

Yes I am dissin Pete if that is his name. It is an absolute disgrace to put a video on utube with the beekeeping forums URL ( I believe it is called) and showing beekeeping incompetence in everything he does! Make my day. Has he really been on a beekeeping course! ADMIN bin this thread as it brings our forum into disrepute!

That is a pretty poor video on many levels.

Oh look, the beekeeping snobs are out in force again :rolleyes: Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts! It's going to be a long winter!:)

Yes I am dissin Pete if that is his name. It is an absolute disgrace to put a video on utube with the beekeeping forums URL ( I believe it is called) and showing beekeeping incompetence in everything he does! Make my day. Has he really been on a beekeeping course! ADMIN bin this thread as it brings our forum into disrepute!

It wasn't my intention to bring down the forum, I hardly ever go on YouTube but was amazed that such rubbish was on there. Hence the thread title!

Oh look, the beekeeping snobs are out in force again :rolleyes: Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts! It's going to be a long winter!:)

:biggrinjester:Time for the academic beekeeperers to sign up for yet another module !

So THEY
can tell actual[/I] beekeeperers what they are doing wrong...

methinks !!!:biggrinjester:

Had not seen this one before. Pete's nuc box making videos I like, don't be afraid of putting together your own kit.

'Unorthodox' is probably the classification for this one. I can't recall anyone else advocating spraying the comb with a thymolated syrup in January when it's only five degrees outside.

As to putting the forum url on anything, there's nothing to stop anyone putting the forum address on anything. Just as we can mention youtube without suggesting everything on there is officially endorsed by google.

Had not seen this one before. Pete's nuc box making videos I like, don't be afraid of putting together your own kit.

'Unorthodox' is probably the classification for this one. I can't recall anyone else advocating spraying the comb with a thymolated syrup in January when it's only five degrees outside.

As to putting the forum url on anything, there's nothing to stop anyone putting the forum address on anything. Just as we can mention youtube without suggesting everything on there is officially endorsed by google.

Negligent more like - not unorthodox. The whole point of keeping bees is just that. Not to kill them. I have put together my own 'kit' and I was not afraid. I have also bought some.

It wasn't my intention to bring down the forum, I hardly ever go on YouTube but was amazed that such rubbish was on there. Hence the thread title!

We don't kill the messenger.

Sorry, Pete has been one of the core members of this site for a long time, his videos have been seen by thousands of viewers. I am grateful that he has taken to the time to make them and share them with us all. So please instead of making negative comments about them why don't you try recording your own and then share them for us all to see and discuss.
:toetap05:

yes Pete is one of the givers here, I would like to see more of his productions. This site used to host many clips but I think are gone now. This one may not be his best or most useful but is a record of what he was doing at the time.

Sorry, Pete has been one of the core members of this site for a long time, his videos have been seen by thousands of viewers. I am grateful that he has taken to the time to make them and share them with us all. So please instead of making negative comments about them why don't you try recording your own and then share them for us all to see and discuss.
:toetap05:

Hi Mike a,
Isn't that what we are doing 'sharing and discussing'. Whoever, made the video may be a very nice guy or girl, but it was a very poor video in 'the spirit of good beekeeping practise' and that's why I am on the forum. IMHO this one should not have been shared. This does not mean that the videomaker has not made umpteen good videos before. We all come under criticism from time to time on this forum for our beekeeping practices myself included - 'if you can't stand the heat you should not be in the kitchen'.

yes Pete is one of the givers here, I would like to see more of his productions. This site used to host many clips but I think are gone now. This one may not be his best or most useful but is a record of what he was doing at the time.
:iagree:

Taking the application of the thymolated syrup along with the video of the preparation of the thymol stock solution it looks like it's intended as a Nosema treatment. The OP linked video alone doesn't make that clear.

There is some evidence that Thymol helps against Nosema (pdf). We have no more fumagillin, but spraying it in a syrup was practised in N America so substituting thymol doesn't appear so strange. Unorthodox, yes. Maybe could be explained better what's intended but it's a long way from negligent.

Latest posts

Back