Solstice

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haughton Honey

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Lots of Commercial hives.......
Well here we are ladies and gentlemen.....the Solstice has arrived, laying will start to slow down and those brood nests of ours will shortly start to contract.

I hope that all of your colonies have plenty of foragers in anticipation of the main flow and perhaps the two most productive months of the honey-gathering year (July and August)!

Happy 'beeking' one and all.

Thank you for the nice looking timetable, and happy solstice to you too! :coolgleamA:

a good resource, Thanks for that.
happy solstice!!

Wow that is excellent. I was thinking only today it would be nice to have an idea of what should be going on throughout the year. I was going to start a thread to ask what other peoples colonies were doing at this time of year.
Thanks tons x

WPC - interesting you have bramble out in july / august - it is out now and probably later by a week or so than last year due to the cold start

regards

S

Lime is a fairly important flow round here, although I note like the brambles it is perhaps a week or so later than it was last year.

WPC - interesting you have bramble out in july / august - it is out now and probably later by a week or so than last year due to the cold start

regards

S

Hi Somerford,

Bramble's just starting here, although the bulk of it will be in July for us!

Probably the most useful/informative single page I've seen about honeybees!

Thanks for that!!

Pete

Back