Sold out!!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nannysbees

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Well who would have thought that we'd have honey let alone sold some, my daughter put an ad in some hub covering the Vale and the response was unbelievable, we kept the beekeepers honey (30 8oz jars so I can supply my 86 year old dad and my grandchildren through the winter months) and we had another 30 jars where we had let the honey settle over night so it was virtually clear. Those 30 went in a day, some we delivered(probably won't so that again!!) Others came to the door to collect. Lovely feedback messages, the overriding comment when can we have more. First harvest and feeling very proud of my bees, as its always been about the bees the honey was an extra bonus:love:

Well who would have thought that we'd have honey let alone sold some, my daughter put an ad in some hub covering the Vale and the response was unbelievable, we kept the beekeepers honey (30 8oz jars so I can supply my 86 year old dad and my grandchildren through the winter months) and we had another 30 jars where we had let the honey settle over night so it was virtually clear. Those 30 went in a day, some we delivered(probably won't so that again!!) Others came to the door to collect. Lovely feedback messages, the overriding comment when can we have more. First harvest and feeling very proud of my bees, as its always been about the bees the honey was an extra bonus:love:
Well done you :love:.

Well done! Great season for you. Your enthusiasm is infectious. Don’t over stretch yourself though next season, make sure you leave enough time for family and friends as well as the bees

Well done! Great season for you. Your enthusiasm is infectious. Don’t over stretch yourself though next season, make sure you leave enough time for family and friends as well as the bees
It's been fabulous I've really enjoyed it, don't want to go more than 4 hives, so any swarms next year I'll try to rehome. I think I've got all my family interested even with their planting of bee loving plants, learned so much in a year just hoping we can get them through the winter. This forum has been such a support

Nothing more exciting than your first honey and all that goes with it. Well done. Savour the novelty...it's wonderful

It’s amazing seeing the positive response to the sale of truly local honey. Such enthusiasm from buyers. I remember a couple of years ago when we had our first harvest and Dani said to keep a jar each year. Up to 3 jars now and hopefully a couple of dozen to go although keeping two jars per year would be good for future tasting purposes.

I still have 2 jars from my first years production, I entered the local honey show in the novice class and got a first. It still looks good a little darker than I remembered it at the time but that’s now 18 years old :)

I still have 2 jars from my first years production, I entered the local honey show in the novice class and got a first. It still looks good a little darker than I remembered it at the time but that’s now 18 years old :)
Yes my first jar ...well two and I agonise about opening one every summer... is 14 years old and still runny

I want to open it and dont want to, just thinking as long as the seal holds it should be good, just not sure why it gets darker ! anyone know why this should happen ?

I want to open it and dont want to, just thinking as long as the seal holds it should be good, just not sure why it gets darker ! anyone know why this should happen ?
Unless you've stored it at a constant temp, is it 15 degrees they recommend for honey storage?
It won't taste as good as it did.

Latest posts

Back