Snelgrove help.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Younger than I look. From Solihull West Midlands
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I had posted this thread under DIY and don't know how to move it and it didn't seem visible.

Made a snelgrove board. Installed in my hive now I have found that the mesh in the centre should be on both sides of the gap and not one.

Q, is this a deal breaker and I need to go in and pin a mesh on the other side ASAP.

Q, the bees in the top box are bearding as per photo 24hrs later. Its about 21c and humid. Bees are in a poly hive, can't see heat being an issue at all is this party due to not suing a double screen in the Snelgrove board. Box's at top are brood n half, queen on foundation and one frame of open brood at the bottom with two supers on top then Snelgrove board then...

Btw the tape on the Snegrove was just to diswade the bees from trying to find a gap between the Snelgrove board and the hive.

Attachments

• 20220515_103519.jpg
    20220515_103519.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
I’ve deleted your other post. If you want something moved either pm one of the mods or hit the report button and ask it to be moved

Personally I don’t think only having mesh on one side really matters. I made some screen boards, to use (similar to snelgrove) but just 1 entrance into top brood box where I let them raise a new Queen, then once mated I remove the Queen from the top box & reunite the colony

Personally I don’t think only having mesh on one side really matters. I made some screen boards, to use (similar to snelgrove) but just 1 entrance into top brood box where I let them raise a new Queen, then once mated I remove the Queen from the top box & reunite the colony
Thanks, they are not bearding now. Bit weird. Hopefully using the board works. Will do what you say, once new queen raised will use her somewhere else am re United.

Aim is to have a larger foraging force as possible for the Lome trees locally.

Latest posts

Back