Small-scale and large-scale beekeeping - what's the difference?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes....my limited experience with them showed me that as well. A garden.....three dimensional.....who'd have thought it!?
I think to be a good landscape architect you need to be a gardener first.
The architect in question has done plans for a rather good show :eek::censored:

Going out in the rain now to put fondant on some light nucs.

Commercial beekeepers view operations through the prism of costs versus benefit, whilst maintaing a high level of husbandry.

So as Murray says pace is importent, but that must be matched by competance.
Hobby beekeepers do things for enjoyment, commercial operations do it for profit.

Commercial beekeepers view operations through the prism of costs versus benefit, whilst maintaing a high level of husbandry.

So as Murray says pace is importent, but that must be matched by competance.
Hobby beekeepers do things for enjoyment, commercial operations do it for profit.
Sometimes I feel we are working for the Bank!!

That is perhaps a simplification. Murray has said that his life in beekeeping is more akin to a vocation. I reckon he has to do what he does.

If profit was the only motive and enjoyment was absent I don't reckon many would do it. There's a public pre-conception that beefarmers are only out for the money, but really they love what they do and can't do without it.

Payne's new website has a story with a final credit that says the same thing: love what you do.

If profit was the only motive and enjoyment was absent I don't reckon many would do it. There's a public pre-conception that beefarmers are only out for the money, but really they love what they do and can't do without it.

Payne's new website has a story with a final credit that says the same thing: love what you do.
Yes, of course we love and enjoy what we do. However the purpose of being a commercial beekeeper is to make a decent living from it.
I've owned and run other far more profitable business in the past, so I must enjoy beekeeping to do it.

Yes, of course we love and enjoy what we do. However the purpose of being a commercial beekeeper is to make a decent living from it.
I've owned and run other far more profitable business in the past, so I must enjoy beekeeping to do it.
Mee too... but I made a promise to the magistrate that I would not open any more safes!

Mee too... but I made a promise to the magistrate that I would not open any more safes!
I Don't know about safes but my shoe box is looking rather empty.
I think BFs are more attached to beekeeping than they are there families.
If I had my way I would perminently live next to my girls.

I Don't know about safes but my shoe box is looking rather empty.
I think BFs are more attached to beekeeping than they are there families.
If I had my way I would perminently live next to my girls.
The way you are going with your family and your beekeeping ... you might get your wish !

Latest posts

Back