Sizzling autumn...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems that this long range forcast is just another crap one.

it is a Scandanavian 3 month trend forecast and is normally more accurate than the met office's 15 day forecast

It was issue on the 1st August and predicted warmer than average SE almost to the day with storms in west on 1st oct and 4th october

lets see if the predicted further warm spell in the SE for the third week of october becomes correct and the prediction for last week of october which shows a major storm and possible sea flooding on the North Sea coasts ( it actual say German sea, but that's just because its Scandinavian origin)

it is a Scandanavian 3 month trend forecast and is normally more accurate than the met office's 15 day forecast

It was issue on the 1st August and predicted warmer than average SE almost to the day with storms in west on 1st oct and 4th october

lets see if the predicted further warm spell in the SE for the third week of october becomes correct and the prediction for last week of october which shows a major storm and possible sea flooding on the North Sea coasts ( it actual say German sea, but that's just because its Scandinavian origin)

german sea is part of north sea, known as german bight in shipping forcast, formerly called heligoland. very low lying string of islands, mostly just dunes, really, and a popular holiday destination for german tourists

Does not look there are going to be any storms in this part of the west tomorrow,wall to wall sunshine, and very hot again.

:coolgleamA:Dunno about long-term trends, but today it was so hot in Stroud that I had to abandon my bike-ride with the dog. She's a very fit and energetic girl but today she just wilted and slowed to a walk. I walked her home (well, swam her, as we were alongside the canal) after which she crashed out on the cool tiles in the kitchen and lay there panting for some time.

Down at my garden apiary (south-facing and sheltered) the apiary thermometer read 32C, although mostly it's been about 27 here. About the hottest all summer, anyway.

Meanwhile excited members of the public have been reporting pasqueflowers and primroses in flower again.

I wonder if this is going to become a long-term trend?

18˚ here at sunrise....bees out in the pre dawn gloom.
There was a complete arc of a rainbow over the nearby fell as the sun came up then twenty minutes later it rained.

Contact feeder problem

Too hot. My contact feeder on a 5 frame nuc has leaked everywhere as a consequence of the expansion of the syrup and air in the container and wasps have had a field day. Rapid feeder too big without mods. Am chucking my contact feeders from now on if that is what happens let alone the crstallisation on the mesh!! Want a rapid feeder less that 8" wide. Any offers or a swap?

Latest posts

Back